When you are on the way to work, you connect your iPhone to your vehicle (car) as you normally do. Unfortunately, you just encountered the Apple CarPlay not working or the connection failed. At this moment, what will you do? Obviously, you will retry again. But after many times, it would not connect.
However, the CarPlay feature is another way to activate your iPhone while driving. This feature lets you play music, access applications, send messages, receive calls, and many more. But what do you do if you discover that the CarPlay is not working on iPhone 14, which is very irritating.
Don’t worry. In this post, I will let you know to fix Apple CarPlay on iPhone 14 issues.
Why is my Apple CarPlay not Working? – Motives
iPhone users can connect to their CarPlay through a USB lightning Cable and wireless connection with the car’s Bluetooth capability. But it can be contingent on their vehicle.
Whatever technique a user applies, there are several causes why carplay stops working after it has been working appropriately before. The most common causes of the problem contain:
- Defective USB Cable
- CarPlay Restrictions
- Bluetooth Connectivity problem
- Problems with IOS Update
- Incorporation problems among applications
- Mismatch issues
10 Solutions For Apple CarPlay Not Working IOS 14
When you are on a long drive, you link your apple phone with your car precisely. Unfortunately, it makes issues or is not connected. Below we have instructed a series of solutions you can work through to correct the issue.
So, let’s hover to fix the problems when your iOS CarPlay is not working.
Ensure CarPlay is Enabled On your iPhone
First of all, you have to make sure that the CarPlay connection is turned on and that the feature can work when your device is locked. However, if you are using it for the first time or you are using it for the thousandth time. The feature has probably turns off unintentionally.
To turn on this feature, track these steps.
- Open your iPhone and navigate to the phone’s settings.
- Tap on the General option from the settings menu list.
- Then select the CarPlay option. After that, select your car from the list of options.
- Swipe on the toggle of the Allow CarPlay While Locked option.
Make Sure your Car Model is Compatible
All car models do not support Apple CarPlay. Plus, if you are using an older car, it is improbable that you will be able to use the CarPlay feature. So, you have to make sure that your CarPlay is compatible with your vehicle.
However, more than 600 plus car models support the CarPlay feature. Such as the newer models of Audi, Bently, BMW, Chery, Ferrari, Ford, Honda, KIA, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Toyota, and many others.
Apple CarPlay is not Working (Check the Region)
Unfortunately, the CarPlay feature is not reachable all over the place and region. That’s why you need to authorize that you live in a location that supports Apple CarPlay. We also share a picture of selected countries where this feature is available.
Set the Date & Time on your iPhone 14 to Fix Apple CarPlay
The date and time on any device that permits access to the internet must be accurate according to the geographical place. The internet services provider connections do not work precisely if the date and time of any device are not synchronized with the accurate date and time of the region.
Whenever you connect your phone to your vehicle. If the date and time are not established correctly, you will encounter some complications in pairing up the connection. Consequently, it would be great for you to fix it.
- Open your iPhone, then navigate to the settings option.
- Hover over the General option from the popup menu slope.
- Here tap on the Time and date option.
- Now set the accurate date and time as per your region.
Check whether Siri is Enabled or Not
Turn on Siri is also required to work the Apple CarPlay. So, make sure Siri is empowered on your iPhone. If it is not so, do follow these below steps.
- Open your iPhone and hover over the settings.
- Tap on Siri and search from the popup menu list.
- Now swipe the toggle next to Allow Siri When the Locked option to enable it.
Apple CarPlay is not Working – Restart your iPhone and CarPlay
You have to check whether the CarPlay logo appears on your car’s display. You have to restart your iPhone and CarPlay if the feature does not appear. To do so, apply these simple steps depending on the phone model that you are using.
- iPhone 5 Models: Press and grasp the top button to power off and back on your phone.
- iPhone 6, 7, and 8 Models: Press and clasp the side button to turn off your iPhone. They turn it back on.
- iPhone X and Later Models: Press and grasp the volume and power buttons, then move the slider to the right side to power off the device. Now press and grasp the side button and release it after three to five seconds.
- After restarting your iPhone device, now restart the vehicle CarPlay feature. To do that, see the instructions in the car user manual.
Check your USB Cables are Working Appropriately
Users can connect to Apple carplay using a USB cable and wireless. However, just some vehicles allow wireless CarPlay. The massive majority of models need the USB lightning cable to join your iPhone into the car.
Suppose you are using a USB port. Then see whether your USB dock is wobbly or dented. Furthermore, you can correspondingly try to link with a different USB port to work properly.
Apple CarPlay Stops Working: Check your iPhone Wireless Connection
While if you are using a wireless or Bluetooth connection to CarPlay, see your Apple phone to ensure your device is not in Airplane mode. Because the Airplane mode stops your device from connecting with any wireless connection.
Moreover, you have to ensure Bluetooth and wifi are turned on and your phone device is linked to the vehicle. Because if the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned off, you will not be able to link with any other device.
- To turn on the Wi-Fi, open the settings menu list and tap on theWifi option to activate it.
- To turn on the Bluetooth, head to the Bluetooth settings and turn it on.
- After enabling both connections, link your phone with your vehicle stereo using the CarPlay feature.
- To enable the carplay in your vehicle, tap on settings> General> CarPlay and choose your car stereo from My cars list.
Disable CarPlay Restricted Mode
When CarPlay does not distinguish your iPhone, you have to make sure that the feature is not on the restricted list on your phone device. To check it, do follow the below steps.
- At first, open your phone device and navigate to the settings on your phone.
- Here hover over the Screen time option from the popup menu list.
- Now enable the screen time, then tap on the content privacy restrictions.
- Then type the passcode if your iPhone asks.
- After that, tap on the allowed apps and turn on the Enable CarPlay option.
Update the latest Version on your iPhone
An out-to-date iOS version does not have the obligatory software to connect with CarPlay. That’s why you must upgrade your phone device to the latest Version.
- Open your iPhone and hover over the settings app.
- Here select the General option from the pop-up list.
- Now choose the Software update option.
- Then tap on Download and Install.
- Once the download is complete, restart your phone device and connect the CarPlay again.
Apple CarPlay Still Not Working? Contact Apple Support
Suppose none of those mentioned above fixes to sort out your issue. You may perhaps ensure that it is a hardware problem. If your iOS is under service contract, it would be great that take your device to the nearest facility center of Apple and ask them to sort out your problem.
Enlighten all about your issues in detail, and they will probably be able to help you. Plus, take all the phone documents with you to the Apple service center whenever you go for the mending.
So, this detail is all about the Apple CarPlay not working. You can ask us in the comment box if you have any questions or are confused.