It seems beneficial to have an iPhone as it offers a few attractive features like auto-reply text messages, especially when you are driving. There may be times when you need to disconnect from the online world in order to focus on the activity, but you must reply to the call. Whether you are on vacation or have a busy schedule, otherwise, it feels frustrating. So, auto-replying automatically is the best feature so that no one disturbs you.
Actually, the iPhone does not offer a specific button for the auto-reply feature. You have to configure it, which takes less than a minute, especially when you are driving. However there are two techniques to configure, but there is a slight difference in the activation of auto-reply messages using Focus and Control Center. Moreover, you can also customize the settings so that you can reply to a certain person or favorites. So, let’s move to the next section to see the methods of auto-replying text messages.
Set up Auto Reply Text on iPhone using Focus
Focus is the hybrid version of the Do Not Disturb (DND) feature in iOS 15. Although both these features work similarly, as compared to Basic DND, Focus coverage has more flexibility. Because in Focus, you can make categories like sleep, work, personal, etc. To set up this feature effectively, walk through the following methods:
- Setting up driving via Focus
- Set up an auto-reply on driving focus.
- Activate driving focus on the iPhone
1. Creating a Focused Driving Environment
The auto-reply feature is user-determined, so you can make as many categories as you want. However, the auto-reply on the iPhone is only available in the driving category. To set up the driving category under Focus, if it is not available, follow the given steps:
- Firstly, open the Settings icon on your iPhone or iPad.
- Secondly, click on
- Now, in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, press on the (+) icon to create a new focus category.
- Then, tap on the Driving tab and follow the on-screen prompts.
2. Enable Auto-reply in Driving Focus.
After creating the category on Driving Focus, you may now set the auto-reply feature through the below steps:
- Navigate to the Settings icon, and then click on
- Now, click on “Driving Focus.”
- Click on the auto-reply in the options.
- Then, choose the category to whom you want to send the auto-reply message: No One, Favorites, Recent, or all Contacts.
- Finally, under the Auto-Reply Message box, create your auto-reply text.
3. Turn on iPhone Driving Focus
Now, you can enable Driving Focus by swiping down from your home screen directly to open the Control Center. Afterward, select Focus and tap on the Driving option. When the Driving Focus is activated, you don’t get any notifications or alerts during driving. Until you don’t permit any particular contact to call you; or else, the caller will get the auto-reply message that you have created.
Using Control Center to Configure Auto Reply Text on your iPhone.
To avoid disturbance while driving or in an occupied environment, set up the auto-reply feature in advance. There is no direct button to activate, but this feature is built-in in iOS; which you can activate through Control Center within a minute. So, go through the given method:
- Setting up driving via control center
- Set up the message setting
- Messages while Driving Configuration Method
1. Configuring Driving via Control Center
Here is a method to set up DND for ease is through Control Center for auto-replying texts; so that no one will disturb you while driving:
- Initially, go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on the control center.
- Scroll down the screen and click on the green icon or (+) icon beside Do Not Disturb while driving. Add this category to the Control Center.
2. Set up the Message Settings
The following are the steps to set up the text for your iPhone. So, no one can disturb you, but the other person will get the reply.
- Firstly, open the Settings interface on your iPhone.
- Now, click on the Do Not Disturb tab on your screen.
- Set it to Manually, when connected to Bluetooth in the car, or Automatically.
- After that, enable (Auto-reply To) to all Contacts, Recent, No One, or Favorites.
- You may also modify your auto-reply message or set it as the default.
3. Messages while Driving Configuration Method
With the above steps of message setting, you can organize an auto-reply on your iPhone while driving. You can also set more parameters according to your needs, like setting your iPhone to send the auto-reply message to a particular person or an unknown person. Let’s see the method of configuration of sending a text while driving to certain people:
- Open the Settings icon initially on your iPhone.
- After that, click on the “Do Not Disturb.”
- Scroll down and press the (Auto-Reply to)
- Opt for the person to whom you want to send the text according to your desire.
- After you’ve configured it, all you have to do is turn on the Do Not Disturb feature whenever you’re driving or working on something else.
Conclusion for Auto Reply Text iPhone
Apple’s built-in message does not have any auto-reply message option until you set up it. As a result, you must use a workaround to activate it via the Focus option in iOS 15 or by enabling Do Not Disturb mode in older versions. It means that you can access it without a third-party app for your convenience while working, especially while driving. Hopefully, the above methods are quite helpful and accessible for your ease. So, let us know your thoughts about the article in the comment box.