Curious to know How to change your Kik username? You will be relieved to know that by deactivating your account, you can modify the username and have to create a new account with a unique username. But you may lose your entire friend’s contacts or chats, and you have to add them again. On the other hand, you can change your display name on the Kik app as often as you want.
Usernames and display names are the core aspects of social media platforms. But there are some restrictions and limitations based on the forum you use if you want to change the name. Undoubtedly, Kik is the most popular anonymous instant messaging service among smartphone users because of its incredible features. One of the critical features of this app is that you can maintain privacy by keeping different names but not continuously changing usernames.
Moreover, it lets users connect through email ID on Android and iOS apps. Hence, move to the next part of this article to gain the techniques for changing usernames or display names along with unique features to enjoy.
How to Deactivate Your Kik Account & Make a New One to Change Kik Username?
If you have made up your mind to modify the username on the Kik app, then deactivating your current Kik account is the only way. Because Kik does not permit users to edit their username once the profile has been made. So, creating a new account with a new name and a unique email ID is suggested.
However, after deactivating your Kik account, your friends will not be able to message or chat with you anymore. Therefore, you have to add them again through your new account. Now, go through the steps:
- Open the Kik Messenger app on your Android phone or Tablet, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Click on the gear symbol icon to access the Settings
- Scroll down and click on the Your Account
- Now, tap on the Reset tab on Your Account page.
- After tapping the Reset button, you will get an email from Kik on your registered email address for your current account.
- You will see a deactivation link in that email, access that link.
- Now, enter your email address on the deactivation web page and click on the Go tab to deactivate your Kik account.
- After this step, your Kik account will be deactivated.
- Now, you can reinstall the Kik app.
- Then, open the app and make a new account.
- Finally, pick a new username for your new Kik account.
Tips Regarding Username
- Bear in mind that it is the only method to alter the username. Also, make sure to select the desired username right this time.
- For a strong username, you can also use some inspirational sources like hobbies and interests.
- You can also choose your unique username from name generators such as Jimpix username generator, Namestation Kik name generator, etc.
Are you ready to Change Display Names on Kik?
Even if you are unable to change the user name, you can change the display name that appears on your friend’s chat screen, notifications, and in your friends’ contact lists. It also offers a way to get your profile on a Kik search or even a search engine.
Thus, changing your Kik display name means it affects the way your friend sees you. Now, apply the following steps to alter the Kik display name:
- Initially, open the Kik app on Android or iPhone and then sign in.
- In the top right section of the main page, select the Cog icon to access Settings.
- Now, click on the Your Account tab from the options.
- Click on the Name
- Change your display name to something else; after that, click on Save in the top right section.
- Now you will return to the Your Account Confirm the changing name for the display name is correct; after that, exit the settings menu.
- Your new name should be displayed at the top of the main Kik page with your profile image currently.
Hence, you can choose any name you would like. These straightforward steps are easy to apply to change your display name, and friends will see your updated display name.
Comparison of Display Name & Username
Here are slight differences between the user name and display name for your better understating of the Kik app:
- Display name includes special characters and emojis, while usernames have only letters, numbers, periods (-), and underscores (_).
- Display name appears at the top of your friend’s chat screen, notifications, and in their contact lists.
- Usernames are essential for finding your profile. If someone has gotten the wrong username of yours, they will not be able to search you on Kik.
Is it Incredible to appear as Anonymous on Kik? Change the Display Name
If you want to appear as an anonymous person on Kik, then you can use the degree of separation rule. But you can’t do that if you’re going to use someone else’s display name. However, you can also use the same principle for all social media usernames or gaming names. Then, select the few words you would like and keep them.
Contrasting in games or other social platforms, display names on Kik are not reusable. As mentioned before, you can change your display name at any time and to any desirable name. However, your username will remain the same between you and the Kik servers, and you can’t change it.
But keep in mind that childish, racist, inappropriate, dumb, offensive or stupid names will have the same effect as other social platforms. So, if you want that people will take you seriously or want to coordinate with others, select your display name wisely.
Do you want to see someone’s Username?
If you wish to view another person’s username in the chat box who has sent you a message, click on their profile picture; then, select the View profile option. You will see their appearing username in small grey font under the display name.
Instead of this method, you can also see by tapping someone’s display name at the top of the chat, and the username will show under the display name. Alternatively, you can also find the username of the blocked profile by accessing the block list. Go to Settings, then the Privacy option, and in the last Block List. You will see the username under the display name of the blocked profile in the grey font.
Do You Feel Amazed To Know Unusual Features Of Kik Messaging App?
Numerous messaging applications are available, but Kik is unusual in its features. The reasons behind its popularity are provided here. So, let’s gain knowledge about it:
- The top and foremost features are that the user can chat anonymously, even if it does not need a phone number. In contrast, other messaging apps want phone numbers typically to connect with others. This makes it easier to change a username when the number is not used as identification.
- Another feasible feature is getting different SMS tones for different people. This fantastic feature made the platform commonly used by users worldwide.
- From one contact, you can make other connections as well. The conversations are suitable because you may connect easily with other members by changing the user name.
- Users can set up any username to recognize their profile easily. Also, customize their username according to preferred identity provisions.
- One more exciting feature is the enabling of sharing unlimited data across the connections for users.
Hopefully, now you have complete knowledge about changing the user and display name on Kik. Moreover, its attractive features include a strong username that uniquely identifies your profile.
So, it is better to alter the username if there is any privacy issue; otherwise, not, as you will get to know that it seems complicated to change the Kik username, and you may lose all the contacts. Hence, let us know your thoughts by leaving a message in the comment box.