CleanMyMac X Review: Developed by MacPaw, CleanMyMac X is like a bundle of Mac utilities that serve as a file cleaner, application updater and uninstaller, macOS extensions manager, malware remover, speed optimizer, and file shredder. These are presented in a friendly and intuitive way, making them easier to use.
This Mac cleaner offers an outstanding cleaning operation and provides interactive visual data about storage space usage. It gives specific statistics on the number and size of all the files it scans. Users can also choose a particular application to see detailed information that helps to understand what is taking up too much storage space.
Besides, other utilities are also convenient in optimizing and protecting your Mac computer. It optimizes and speeds up your Mac and offers several functions to maintain it. Moreover, there is an ability to update outdated installed Mac apps, remove wanted apps and extensions, locate and delete large files and folders, as well as erase unwanted files, and make them untraceable. In phases of protection, CleanMyMac X provides a real-time malware monitor to detect and remove malicious programs quickly.
What is CleanMyMac X?
From my perspective, CleanMyMac X is a must-have and useful cleanup software tool for macOS. I have not ever used its previous versions, such as CleanMyMac 2 or CleanMyMac 3, but I heard many users say that they weren’t worth buying. The reason could be that those previous versions did not achieve the results that those users expected. However, it seems that MacPaw has dramatically improved this cleanup tool, based on the results I got.
CleanMyMac X is a Mac cleaner with a robust set of tools to maintain your Mac and keep it in top shape. This set of functions includes a junk file cleanup feature, malware remover, privacy protection, system optimization, system maintenance, application uninstaller, application updater, extension management, file management, and file shredder.
What Is The Need For CleanMyMac X Review?
You might not obtain the need for this tool, but it is certainly necessary because:
- Finds out junk from every corner of the Mac and removes them all.
- Scans out malware from the system and deletes them.
- Keeps the applications updated and supports uninstalling those not needed.
- Improves the performance of Mac and speeds up the overall design.
- The inbuilt assistant gives you tips for personalized cleaning.
CleanMyMac X’s Mac App Store Version Key Features
- Smart Scan: All-in-one center for Mac analysis. It involves Cleanup, Protection, and Large & Old Files scanners that, with a single click, help to remove junk, unnecessary files, and malware.
- Malware Removal: Checks the system for vulnerabilities and removes malware, adware, and other macOS-specific threats.
- Uninstaller: Allows for bulk-deleting applications entirely along with all traces of them. More information on the module can be found here.
- Space Lens: Visualizes disk space and identifies files taking up a lot of disk storage.
- CleanMyMac Assistant: An intelligent adviser that uses machine learning algorithms to provide personalized tips and suggestions for further optimization steps and reminds them about regular cleanups.
- Health Monitor: Real-time information on CPU, battery, network speed, etc.
- Leading-edge design: An award-winning interface with flow-like animations.
I’ve been using CleanMyMac X since the original release to uninstall applications, free up hard drive space, and run maintenance tools. It can be purchased on the Mac App Store for a yearly subscription for $39.95.
CleanMyMac X Pros
- Sleek & well-organized user interface
- Segmented Mac cleaning sections
- Shredder feature securely erases sensitive data
- Schedule routine cleaning
- Free up RAM with 1-click
- The malware removal tool prevents your Mac safe from harm
- This latest version boasts of faster performance than the previous CleanMyMac versions (3x faster)
CleanMyMac X Cons
- Just like other premium cleaners, CleanMyMac X can delete precious data if misused- safety checks help prevent this
- There are free alternatives, but they come with fewer features and a more demanding learning curve.
CleanMyMac X is an all-in-one package to excellent your Mac. Smart Scan: Removes unneeded files, determines potential threats, and increases system performance – all in a click of a button. System Junk: Clears cache, language files, old updates, and irregular downloads to clean your system and smoothen your Mac’s work.
Photo Junk: Analyzes your Photo library and remove unneeded supporting data in just a click. Mail Attachments: Removes local copies of your email attachments and downloads for extra space on your disk. iTunes Junk: Cleans outmoded backups, software updates, and incomplete downloads. Trash Bins: Empties all your bins at once, including Mail and photo library trash. Malware Removal: Checks your Mac for all kinds of vulnerabilities and neutralizes malware threats in an instant.
CleanMyMac X is similar to a maid for your Mac, keeping it uncluttered so that it runs like new. Temporary files can build up on your drive until you run out of space, and your Mac’s configuration can become sub-optimal over time so that it feels slower. CleanMyMac offers a complete toolkit to deal with these problems.
In our entire roundup of the best Mac cleaner reviews, CleanMyMac was our top recommendation. Now that there’s a new version out, we run the app through its paces to see what’s changed since our last CleanMyMac review and whether it’s still the best utility of its kind.