How to Convert FLV to MP4 – 4 Easy Ways
Curious to know how to convert FLV to MP4? FLV or Flash Video is a standard format for streaming videos over the Internet. However, lately, all famous browsers/sites are changing to MP4 format, which offers better online video streaming on various devices.
So if you want to convert an FLV to MP4 using free FLV to mp4 Converter for better streaming or enhanced video quality, here are some most comfortable ways to convert FLV videos to MP4 format for free.
How to Convert FLV to MP4
- Convert FLV by using VLC Media Player
You can also convert an FLV file into MP4 by employing a VLC Media player. It is a free, open-source player that can convert FLV video files to different formats.
In Steps: Transform FLV to MP4 by using VLC Media Player
- Open VLC Media Player.
- In the menu, click Media > Convert/Save.
- In the Open Media window, click Add to insert FLV video(s).
- Now, click Convert/Save at the bottom.
- In the Convert dialogue box, browse to select the destination folder for the new video file.
- Under Profile, select MP4 video format.
- Click Start to convert. The converted MP4 videos are stored at your chosen location.
- Convert FLV Videos by using Handbrake
Handbrake is an open-source video transcoder software that can transform FLV videos to MP4 format. You can also establish frame rate, resolution, bit speed, codec, etc., in the output video by using Handbrake.
In Steps: Transform FLV to MP4 format with Handbrake
- Download Handbrake from http://www.handbrake.fr
- Launch Handbrake on your computer.
- Press Open Source to add FLV video files for conversion.
- Set the format to MP4. You may also click Preset in the menu bar and select the required preset (frame rate, resolution, etc.) from the drop-down according to your device.
- Click Browse to choose the location to save the video file.
- Hit Start Encode on top to begin the conversion process. This may need some time depending on the size of the video file.
- Convert FLV to MP4 with FFmpeg
FFmpeg is a secure open-source application that converts video file formats by using command-lines in the command window. However, it may not be proper for beginners, as it requires complete knowledge of command-lines processing to convert video file formats.
Examples of command-lines to transform FLV video to MP4 format in FFmpeg:
E.g. 1: ffmpeg -ivideo.flv -vcodec copy video.mp4
E.g. 2: FFmpeg -ifilename.flv -sameq -ar 22050 file_name.mp4
FFmpeg also produces a host of different functions such as video transcoding, encoding, editing, mixing, and scaling.
- Convert using CloudConvert
Use CloudConvert to do the same. Here are the steps:
- Begin CloudConvert’s FLV to MP4 converter, press the Select File key, and upload your FLV file.
- Now press “Convert” to start converting the FLV video to MP4.
- Once done, click the green key that says “Download” to download your video in MP4 format.
Let’s now look at how you can do this on a windows or mac computer.
Convert on Windows and Mac
Wondershare free video converter is an available desktop software that lets you convert your video to MP4 on both Windows and Mac. One downside of utilizing it is that this free version adds a watermark to your converted video. Here are the steps:
- Install the software on your mac or windows pc and begin it. Hit the Add Files button to import your FLV video from your computer. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the FLV file.
- Once the FLV videos implied, the target format will be set to MP4 by default; click the “Convert” button to convert the FLV video to MP4.
Know a simple way that’s not been listed here? If so, let us recognize in the comments below.
And if you’ve been watching for a simple way to quickly edit your videos for social media, feel free to check out our online video editor. It is ridiculously fast and straightforward. Just a few clicks and you’re done. Say goodbye to clunky, bloated video editing software.
Online FLV video files Converter
You can convert FLV to MP4 file format by using various free online video converters. Unlike converter software, you don’t want to install the app on your system to convert FLV to MP4 online. It takes only a good Internet connection to open the converter device in your browser.
However, online translation tools are mostly ineffective in converting large video files. Most of them don’t provide batch conversion of multiple FLV video files. Also, it would be best if you were cautious while using them, as sometimes the pop-up ads hosted by such converters can be malicious and may infect your computer. Uploading personal videos online for processing on a third party server might also pose a threat of data theft!
As most of the open-source applications such as VLC Media Player, FFmpeg, and online converters are slow, insecure, and have file size limitations, the easiest and most secure way to convert FLV video files to MP4 format. Share your views in the comment box section below.