Best Easiest Ways to Convert Kindle to PDF in Seconds
Are you exploring to know how to convert Kindle to PDF? Amazon’s Kindle is a huge business. Both the hardware and the digital service changed how books, magazines, comics, and more extra are read each day. Unfortunately, customers can’t simply download Kindle books and read them over any app. For Digital Rights Management purposes, all Kindle e-books are locked to kindle hardware. These digital books use Amazon’s proprietary AZW file format, even though Kindle tablets also help MOBI files.
That does reading these e-books outside the Kindle bubble nearly impossible. However, you can convert them into PDFs. This guide shows you how to convert a Kindle book to PDF so you can view your purchased favorites on any e-book reader, not just on a Kindle.
Download the AZW file(s)
Because of Digital Right Management, the e-book can’t simply download to any PC. Users must have a hardware Kindle linked to their Amazon account. Otherwise, they will see an error stating, “You have selected content that is not compatible with any of your registered devices.”
That said, even if the e-book is read through the Kindle app on Windows 10, Android, or iOS, without an actual Kindle device linked to an Amazon account, Kindle e-books will not download.
- With Amazon’s website loaded, click on your name, and then select Account on the drop-down menu.
- Choose Manage Content and Devices listed under Digital Content and Devices.
- Tick the Three-dot Actions button next to the target e-book, as shown above.
- Tick Download & Transfer via USB on the pop-up menu.
- A pop-up window appears with the registered Kindle decided. Click the yellow Download button.
The AWZ file will download to the default place on your PC, not to the listed Kindle device.
Ways to Convert Kindle to PDF
Convert using EPUB Converter (web-based)
EPUB Converter is a free online service used to convert e-book files to and from their native format. The tool currently includes options for converting electronic publications like EPUBs, PDF, MOBI, and AZW, among other forms, as well as one for directly converting Kindle files to PDF. It’s speedy, simple, and lacks a massive desktop footprint.
- Among the website open, click the yellow Add File button displayed under Download Link.
- Place the downloaded AZW or MOBI file and click the Open button.
- Revolve these steps for more than one Kindle e-book.
- With all e-books chosen, click the yellow Start Upload button(s) shown above and wait.
- The e-book is converted to a PDF file. Click the link to download the file to your PC’s default location. Alternatively, right-click on the link and picked Save As on the pop-up menu to save the e-book to a specific location.
EPUB Converter will host the file on its server for two hours, giving you plenty of time to download your new PDF. You can replicate the process as many times as necessary.
Convert using Calibre (Windows / MacOS / Linux)
Calibbre is a lightweight e-book manager that can convert digital books from one form to another. It handles an exquisite assortment of input formats, from MOBI and HTML to PRC and AZW. Overall, it’s loaded with intuitive choices for customizing the look and aesthetic of converted e-books.
The beautiful interface is both resourceful and self-explanatory, making conversion easy. Moreover, it can function with or without a determined or active network connection.
- Download and install Calibre before moving forward.
- With Calibre open, press the Add Books icon located in the top-left corner.
- Locate the downloaded file on your PC and click the Open button. Alternatively, move the downloaded e-book into the Calibre window.
- Click the Convert Books button.
- A pop-up window appears. On the left, the input form should read AZW. On the right, select the Output Format from the drop-down menu. We chose the PDF in this example.
- Make any other customizations, like changing the cover image or the page setup.
- Click the OK button to begin the conversion.
With the e-book still showing within the details, Calibre should now list the new converted version next to formats. In this instance, the e-book shows both the AZW and the PDF formats. Each file is stored in the program’s default save location. For example, on Windows 10, the default is C:Users[your account]Calibre Library[author][ebook].
- To save the PDF somewhere else, right-click or CTRL-click on the blue PDF link and choose the Save the PDF Format to Disk option.
There are several ways to convert Kindle books to PDF for users to explore, but if you have saved the Kindle books in your device, find some tools that can import files from your device for conversion. Otherwise, you will need to download Kindle books first, then use a Kindle Book to PDF converter. Share your valuable thoughts and suggestions in the comment box section below.