Google document is a handy tool that allows you to insert and alter the Checkbox on google docs and create multiple types of documents. The Checkbox is an effective way to stay on track when making a document on any subject. When you make a document on Google, you have some items that you want to be in the bullet mark or a checkbox. So, if you don’t know how to use the Checkbox in Google documents, follow the article. Moreover, here in this guide, we also tell you how to alter and customize the checkmark list using different tools and devices.
What is Google Documents Checkbox?
Google Docs Checkbox is an add-on for Google Documents that allows you to check the boxes of multiple documents in a single click. This is very useful for students who have to check multiple assignments. In addition, the main features of this add-on include: Checking multiple documents at once Searching, adding, or removing multiple documents from the list and checking multiple docs is quite useful when you are doing school work.
How to Insert a Checkbox in Google Docs Using the format Option
If you want to manage your working list on google documents, but you are facing trouble and have some problems, don’t worry about that in this blow guide, we share with you the details about how to make, manage, and checkboxes the worksheet on google documents by using different tabs and devices. Now let’s have a look at if you want to create the Checkbox in your sheet from google documents. Here are the steps you can follow to add a checkbox.
- First, open the google documents and click on the blank option to create a new document.
- Start typing in your checkbox list, and choose the format option from the menu list.
- From the menu list, now chooses the bullets and numbering
- Then select the bullet list
- When you have selected that bullet option, click on the Checkbox wherever you want to type.
- Whenever you click on the Checkbox, it will turn on or off the checkmark toggle and automatically generate another checkbox.
- Once you have finished your list, save your document in a particular folder.
How to Add the Checkbox in Google Sheets Using the Insert Tab
You can add the Checkbox to your google sheets instead of documents by following these steps, so follow the guidance below.
- Open the google sheet and click on the blank option to create a new doc.
- Select the checkbox cells where you want to add the Checkmark, and you can also check the multiple cells by taping from the mouse or by using another way.
- Now go to the top menu option and click on the insert.
- From the Insert menu, the highlighted cells must have checkboxes, so tap on the Checkbox that will toggle the Checkmark on or off.
How to Alter the Checkmark their Checkbox In Google Documents Using the Format Option
Google docs allow its users to Checkmark their checkbox. Here are the steps you have to follow when you want to change the checkbox option.
- Highlight the cell that you want to Checkmark.
- Then the menu will pop up on your screen display.
- Now click on the checkmark Your selected cells are now replaced with a checkmark.
If you want to remove the Checkmark from any particular cell, follow the steps.
- Highlight the Checkmark that you want to remove.
- Select the format option that you can see on the menu list.
- From the format options list, click on the bulleted list.
- Then select the checkmark option that you want to remove.
- Now your selected cells are no longer with the Checkmark.
How to Customized the Checkmark In Google Documents Using the Insert Tab
Google documents have another feature that allows you to change or alter your Checkbox. You must follow these steps to change your Checkbox from the insert tab.
- First of all, highlight the cells that have already been Checkmark.
- Click on the data option from the menu list.
- A menu will pop up on your screen. Now select the data validation and fill it out quickly.
- In the criteria section, Choose the checkbox
- Then toggled on for the use of custom cell values.
- After filling out the data validation form, click on the save
How to Insert or Add a Checkbox in Google Docs & Google Sheet via Android Device
There are two ways if you want to insert the Checkbox in Google docs by using your android phone. The first way is to install the Google sheet app via the Google PlayStore, and the other is to use your mobile device’s browser version. If you want to use the browser version to add the Checkbox on your documents on the android phone is similar to the detail mentioned above.
On the other hand, there is no direct way if you are using your phone to add the Checkbox on google documents because the mobile features are limited, and there is no feature that allows you to insert the Checkbox in your android phone.
If you want to add the Checkbox to the google sheet app on your android device. First of all, you have to download the app on your device and follow the guide to add the Checkbox to your google sheets app.
- Open the app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the + icon and choose the new spreadsheet
- Now select the cells where you want to add the Checkbox.
- Then click on the three dots icon, which appears at the top of the screen.
- A list will pop up on your screen, and select the data validation
- Now fill out the data validation form. In the criteria box, select the tick box option.
- When you complete the form, click on the save.
- Your selected cells have a checkbox that you can toggle on and off.
How to Insert or Add the Checkbox in Google Docs & Google Sheet via iPhone Devices
There is no difference between both devices to insert the Checkbox on the iPhone or iPad in Google docs. So, the two devices android, and iPhone, also have two options to add the Checkbox. The first way is to use the browser version of your Apple device, and the other way is to download the app from the Apple app store.
Therefore, if you are using the browser version of your iPhone or iPad to add the Checkbox, the steps are similar to the format and insert options. That we already shared with you in the above guide. Furthermore, if you are using the app on your iPhone device, you first have to download the google sheet app and then follow the steps below to add the Checkmark.
- Open the google sheet app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the + icon to select the new spreadsheet.
- Now highlight the cells where you want to add the Checkbox.
- Then tap on the three dots from where you will select the data validation
- Now fill out the form and tap on the save
- The cells that you have highlighted will have a checkbox.
Now I am sure that making a checkbox on google docs is an easy task for you. In this guide, we instruct all the details about inserting or adding the Checkbox using the different tools from the google documents. Additionally, we also share the information on how you can add the Checkbox by using the android and iPhone mobiles. So tell me in the comment section if you know the other way of Check boxing on the google documents