The most popular streaming platform, Netflix, holds various TV shows and movies. But all content is not suitable for underage kids. That’s why you must keep an eye on what your children are watching. So are you wondering how to keep your children watching appropriate or vulgar content for their age? Don’t worry. We will summarize various techniques to block TV shows and movies on Netflix.
These below methods will block the contents on Netflix, restrict them from appearing on the search bar, and let kids safely stream on it.
Is it Possible to Block Shows on Netflix?
Make a scenario you are a child’s parent and watching videos on Netflix. Occasionally, you encounter adult content on the screen with your kid. In this situation, you will really feel awkward and want your child not to watch this abusive and adult Content at this age.
Therefore, Netflix servers now allow users to chunk unsuitable television shows or movies from their children. In addition, hiding a show or movie is used for below 18 children who can’t stream unambiguous shows or Content. Some of the features of this platform offer to block R-rated Content from your kids.
Below we have instructed some techniques that you can apply to block inappropriate TV shows and movies on Netflix.
- Set up Parental Controls
- Block Certain TV Shows and Movies
- Set up a profile for kids
- Lock your Netflix Profile
1. Netflix Parental Controls Settings
- Open your device and navigate to the Netflix application.
- Log in to your Netflix account. Here on the main page, tap on the three-dot icon.
- Choose the settings option from the drop-down menu list.
- Then click on Accounts details. In the drop-down menu, you will see the parental controlsettings option.
- Click on it. Now tap on Change and type your account password, and tap on continue.
- Now choose the Viewing restrictions for the child.
Note: Using this technique, you can remove various shows on your Netflix profile. That stops children from streaming the blocked Content from your profile.
2. How to Block Certain Shows from Netflix
- First of all, log in to your Netflix account profile.
- Tap on your profile icon from the main page. Here click on the account.
- After that, a menu list will pop up. Here selects the child’s profile.
- Tap on the viewing restrictions and then on the change option.
- Then type your profile password or code.
- Now you will see the profile maturity ratings option on your screen. Tap on that.
- Here, type the name of the shows or movies you want to block and tap on save.
- Then a note appears on your device screen stating that the Viewing registration is saved in the green box.
3. Set up Kids’ Profiles on Netflix
- At first, log in to your Netflix account.
- After that, hover over the profile section.
- Here hit on the manage profiles option.
- Then navigate to the parental control section.
- Here swipe left to open the kids’ profile toggle.
- The server asked you to enter your Netflix password.
NOTE: This method will restrict and block the child from watching television shows and movies targeted under 12 on the Netflix platform. Because all the Content on Netflix kids’ profiles has a maximum maturity rating of PG.
4. Lock your Netflix Profile to Can’t Get Access to Kids
- Log in to your Netflix account and hover over your profile option.
- Now click on the profile lock option from the pop-up menu list.
- Here tap on the change option. Now type your Netflix password for confirmation.
- Then a pin code box appears on your screen. Here create a four-digit pin code.
- Now tap on the save option. After that, you will see a locked profile.
- Tap on that and enter your pin code to use the account.
NOTE: This lock profile feature will allow a user to make a four-digit code mandatory every time user wants to stream blocked shows or want any changes on Netflix.
How to Change Maturity Rating on Netflix to Block Shows
Every Content available on the Netflix server is detailed under the maturity ratings. These ratings are set by Netflix or any country’s local censor board. Moreover, maturity ratings on Netflix are set by the effect of mature Content. Like sex, amount of violence, adult language, or nudity.
Below we have defined the shows or movies’ maturity rating standard track in the USA.
|TV-Y||Suitable for all children|
|TV-Y7||Recommend for ages 7 and 7+|
|G||Appropriate for overall viewers|
|PG||Parental Guidance recommended|
|PG-13||Unsuitable for age 12 and under 12 age|
|TV-14||Not recommended for ages 14 and under 14 age|
|TV-MA||For mature audiences only|
|NC-17||Not recommended for ages 17 and under age 17|
Users can select many maturity levels so that the Netflix platform will block every Content dwindling under a maturity level. For example: suppose a user sets their profile maturity level under age 7. So, Netflix will block every Content or shows that is not recommended for children below 7. Moreover, the profile will show appropriate Content for kids under 7.
Users can set the maturity level according to the age of their children. Furthermore, in some regions, Netflix also offers season-level ratings, which vary from content maturity ratings.
If you want to set the maturity level for your profile on your Netflix account, follow the steps below.
- First, navigate to your Netflix profile.
- Then tap on the profile icon from the main page.
- Now select the account settings from the pop-up list.
- Select the profile you want to change for maturity settings on this page.
- Here tap on the Viewing restrictions option.
- Now type your profile password for confirmation.
- Then set the maturity rating to the ideal age group.
- Tap on the save option to alter the settings.
Finally, you all know how to block shows or any content on Netflix. As mentioned, we have described everything you should know about blocking or removing inappropriate Content for kids. Consequently, tell us in the comment box if you have any queries.