Do you want to add some fun changes to your Facebook name? Although, changing the username on Facebook is a relatively easy process. But, keep in mind that you can only make changes in your name every 60 days, so if you are going for some changes, ensure that you have to keep it for at least two months. In this blog, we will let you know about the name change policy of Facebook and how you can modify the name on a browser or app.
Moreover, Facebook is the largest app that connects us with friends and family around the globe, making it essential that people can actually find you by your username. However, Facebook lets users make changes to their usernames. If you are unsatisfied with your current name or wish to make it more attractive, then follow the guide below. Let’s move to the next section and dive into the details.
About Facebook Username Change Policy
If you do not use your actual name on Facebook, there are certain rules about what kinds of names you can and cannot use. However, Facebook favors its users’ use of their actual names in real life. Keep in mind certain conditions while changing the name, which are:
- Phrases or words that go against Facebook standards, such as slurs, represent risky individuals.
- Phrases and words that show organizations despite a person.
- Characters from different languages
- unusual capitalization, repeating characters, unnecessary punctuation, symbols, and numbers.
- Any titles of any type (whether religious, professional, or something else)
If your new name is away from the above restriction, apply the steps below to change your username.
Quick Steps to Change Name on Facebook
Modifying the username is not a difficult task. You can easily change it. So, here are some of the quick steps that will help change the username on Facebook once every 60 days. However, the process is quite different on the website and mobile app. So let’s move to the steps.
Changing Username on Facebook via Browser
You can modify your username on Facebook through the desktop by applying the given steps.
- First, sign in to your account and tap the down arrow at the screen’s upper-right.
- Then, tap on Settings & Privacy, and again tap on Settings.
- Next, tap on Name.
- Here, type your new username and tap on Review change.
- Now, enter your FB password, and tap on Save changes.
Changing Facebook Name via Mobile App
To change the name on Facebook via mobile app is quite different from the browser. So follow the given steps to modify your username on smartphones.
- Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- Then, click on the menu icon at the right of the iPhone screen and the upper-right of the screen for Android.
- Move down the list, click on Settings & Privacy, and then choose the settings.
- Next, click on the Personal and Account Information to view it under the Account section.
- Now, click on the name to change your username.
- After that, type your new name and tap on Review change.
- Then, type your Facebook password and save changes.
It’s best to check your spelling errors before saving the changes and ensure you are happy with your new username for a while. Moreover, Facebook does not allow you to make changes to your name within 60 days of modifying it, so if you have any thoughts, you will just have to compromise with it for at least two months.
How to Include a Nickname in Your Facebook Profile
If you wish to put your real name along with the nickname, Facebook allows you to add your nickname or alias to your FB profile. This can assist others in the social network spot you by your local identity. Apply the below steps to add a nickname to your Facebook profile.
- Launch Facebook in your browser and tap on the menu icon in the screen’s upper-right. Tap on settings & Privacy.
- Then, tap on settings from the menu list.
- Tap on the Name under the General Account Settings to view it.
- Move down to find Add other’s names and tap on it.
- Further, tap on the Add a Nickname, a birth name link under the other names option.
- Select your name from the menu list and type your other nickname.
- After that, you can also tap to show this name at the top of the FB profile by ensuring Show at the top of the profile
- To confirm the nickname, tap on save changes.
- You are done now; you can see your nickname on your profile.
How to Change Page Name on Facebook
If you have your own page and want to modify the page’s niche, then you also need to change the page name, so apply the below steps.
- Launch your Facebook profile on the website and tap on pages on the left side.
- Tap on the name of the existing page that you have formed before.
- Move to the left sidebar to find “Edit page” info and tap on it.
- Now, tap on the name field and type a new name for your FB page.
- Confirm the changes by tapping on the Request Change button.
How to Modify Group Name of Facebook
Facebook lets you make groups with your friends to talk and share information based on general interests. You can also rename an existing group that you have made before. So follow the quickest given steps to change the group name.
- Launch Facebook in your browser and tap on Groups on the left side.
- Tap on any group whose name you want to change under the Groups you manage.
- Now, move down the left sidebar to locate Group Settings and tap on it.
- After that, tap on the Pencil option in front of the Name & Description option to edit it.
- Next, make changes to your group name to give a new name, and tap on the Save option to verify the changes. That’s it.
Now, you know how to change your name on Facebook via the mobile app and web browser. You can easily do it and also change your Facebook group and page names with the help of the steps mentioned above. Changing a name is not difficult; you can easily alter it with the above guide. But there are some restrictions from Facebook, so always choose the name that meets the FB criteria. I hope the article helped you, so like and share it with your friends. If you have any queries, let us know in the comment section.