Are you sick of the persistent voice on your Google Maps and need to change it? Or if you don’t like the voice on your Google Maps while on a long journey and want to change it. Then, let’s look at how to change the voice on maps so that you hear a different voice steering the direction you’re going on your journey.
Google Maps is one of the Android phone’s default voice navigation apps. It allows you to travel directed routes without looking at your phone continually. So, acquire exact instructions to routes you do not understand the roads, and then use voice navigation to connect to places where directional navigation is difficult. Thanks to such a useful navigational tool, you may effortlessly keep your map offline on your device. Furthermore, choosing the regional language with a voice change, such as a British accent instead of an American accent, can be one of the options. So, if you want to personalize the app, you can change the voice used throughout Google Maps with step-by-step navigational directions.
Let’s begin by modifying the settings on Android and iOS devices.
How Can You Change Voice Language on Google Maps on Android Phone?
If you intend to hear the google map direction in your mother language, it lets you avail yourself the opportunity to change the Google Maps voice language.
To do that, follow the simple and quick step-by-step guide.
- First, launch the Google Maps on your Android mobile. Then look for the search bar visible next to the profile picture at the top of the app screen.
- Then select “Settings” in the popup menu.
- Next, select” Navigation Settings> under Sound & Voice Section: Choose “voice Selection“.
- Finally, you can select a voice from the given list.
- That’s how you can easily change the language on your Google Maps Voice.
Change Your Google Maps Voice Language In Your iOS Device
The iPhone’s navigation interface is noticeably different. As a result, changing your voice on Google Maps via the in-app settings is not possible. Regardless, you may achieve it quickly by taking a different approach. Because iOS devices lack a voice engine, it effortlessly accedes to “text-to-speech” and “Language Settings.”
It will completely change the voice in all of your iOS apps. However, it limits us to only one voice change per language or area. You will need to change your device language in iPhone or iPad if you want to change the voice in your Google Maps. Otherwise, use the Apple Maps app if you’re going to avoid it. It lets you change language and regional accents to female or male voices. You can even opt to modify Siri’s voice language settings.
Let’s get ahead with step-by-step instructions on changing voice on Google Maps.
- First, open the Settings menu from the iOS home screen.
- Next, tap General>Language &Region>iPhone or iPad Language.
- Select the “Language “or “Language along with its Dialect” that you want to apply.
- You can quickly search for your native or secondary language that you want to apply to using the search bar at the top.
- It will prompt you if you want to change the language by tapping on “Change to ….“
- Once you have modified your language, navigate your Google Maps to check the language and dialect settings.
- Then locate your wanted place and go for the step-by-step navigation voice instructions.
- That’s how you can experience different voice languages on your iOS devices.
Commonly Asked Questions – FAQs
1. Is It Possible to Change Your Voice on Google Maps?
Yes, it is but to some extent. As already mentioned above, you can voice on your Google Maps on your Android Mobile. However, voice change over gender remains female with different tones and accents. Being a native English speaker, you can offer five options: UK, US, Australia, Nigeria, and India.
2. Can You Switch from Google Assistant Voice to Google Maps?
No, it is not possible. However, Google Assistant facilitates some of the voice change over features with gender or accent in the voice of Google Assistant. It has an updated general and celebs’ voice addition. That change will not affect the Google Maps app voice navigation because they are separate apps with different functions.
3. Why can’t I hear the navigational voice for directions on Google Map?
You can look for it if you don’t hear the audio voice while navigating your map. Recheck it to ensure that the volume is audible enough for hearing it well.
4. Is it possible to integrate a personalized voice package into Google Maps?
Google Maps does not support the addition of other voices for route navigation. Even so, you can use the method described above in the core debate to change your voice on the maps.
Android and iOS devices have constantly augmented the flexible features by modifying the language or accent accustomed to voice navigation. The only difference in Android is that you can adjust it within the app Settings menu. In contrast, iOS devices lack a mechanism for changing the language in the app’s General Settings. As a result, a different technique is incumbent.
You are welcome to contribute your ideas and suggestions for personalizing Google Maps if you have some beneficial tips and tricks.