How to change your Twitch name? If you don’t know how to do it, this article will help you solve your problems related to changing the name on the twitch account. Twitch is one of the most popular apps that allows its users to make live streaming videos. We can live to stream our video games and podcast, and the sports competition (electronic sports) on Twitch.
Sometimes you don’t like your twitch display name or username, and you want to modify it because you have realized it’s not suitable for you. Therefore, you do not need to make a new account at all to get a new name because Twitch allows its user to modify their display name and username, and it will not affect your followers and twitch URL. But you have to keep in mind a few things when you are changing your name, which is mentioned in the below section of the article.
Introduction of Twitch
Twitch is one of the most fantastic videos game streaming platforms which is used around the whole globe. A company in San Francisco launched this app in 2007, owned by Justin tv. However, the content on the Twitch app can be viewed either live or via video on demand. This app is also used for video game tutorials and allows its users to learn and interact with each other and give instruction through live streaming. There are many games that are playing on this platform, but some of them are mentioned here, such as Counterstrike, battlegrounds, and Fortnite are the popular games streamed on this platform.
Tips to Remember Before Changing Your Name on Twitch
Are you changing your name on Twitch? You have to keep in mind these tips before changing your name on Twitch.
- You can’t do any activity on your previous username, so if you want to do any stream using the old username, you must remember to hold on before changing it. When you tap on the Save option to change your name, your new username will be activated on your twitch account.
- When you have adjusted your Twitch name, you cannot modify it again for the next 60 days from now because the twitch server will not allow you to modify the name before two months.
- Once you have changed your name on Twitch, your ongoing restrictions will be as it is. The Twitch server does not remove you from the channels that blocked you from their Account.
- When you make a new name, your followers might have a problem finding your streams. So, you have to share your updated URL. It will make it easy for your twitch friends to see your streaming.
How to Change Your Name on Twitch – iOS/Android/Desktop Devices
If you want to become a Twitch streamer and promote your video game streams. But it seems like your username does not fit to get more fame. Then, you need a catchy eye name on your streaming content. And in that case, you have to change your display or username that is easy to use and simple.
Here are all the details about changing your “display name and username” on Twitch using a desktop, Android, iPhone, iPad, and a browser.
Changing Your Name on Twitch Using Desktop App
Changing your display or username on the Twitch desktop is very convenient. Follow these steps to change your name on the desktop app.
- Open the twitch website on your desktop app and log in to the app.
- Click on your profile picture, which is shown at the top right corner of the screen. And then go to the Settings option in the dropdown menu.
- Here in the settings, you can see a Profile option where you will tap on the pencil icon to the right of your username.
- Now the popup window appears where you can change and type your user, display name, and bio.
- When you have completed the changes, now press Update.
Now your Account is updated to your new name on the desktop app.
Changing Your Name on Twitch Using Android/iOS & iPad
If you want to change your twitch username or display name. The process is the same as changing identity on Twitch by using your phone, whether an android, iPhone, or iPad. You have to be sure that your email is verified because when your email is not confirmed, you will not change your name on your phone (Android, iOS, or iPad). Here are the following steps that will guide you about changing your name on Twitch.
- Log in to the twitch app on your phone device (Android, iOS & iPad).
- Tap on the Profile on the top left corner of your screen.
- Now go to the Account.
- In the Account, here is a menu appears on your screen. Go to the account settings and see the option to edit the Profile.
- Click on the pen icon or tap on the display name box where you will type your new display or username in the provided box.
- Select the Save option when you have completed your changes.
Your new (display and username) are now updated on Twitch from your phone device.
How to Change Your Twitch Username on Chrome & Firefox Browser
This is another way to access and change the Twitch user name is to use the browser (chrome or Firefox) instead of downloading the app. Below the steps will give you a detailed guide.
- Open the twitch app on chrome or Firefox.
- Log in to the app.
- In the profile section, you can see a Settings Click on it.
- Here in the settings, I opened the Profile
- Tap on the pen icon and type your username or a display name that you want to change in profile settings.
- In the end, tap on the Save Changes to update your new display or username.
How to Change Twitch Username on Mac
Are you using your MacBook? And want to change your Twitch username. Changing your Twitch username on Mac is similar to the browser version. But you have to keep in mind that your email should be verified. If it is not confirmed, you will not continue to change your name. Do follow the steps for changed your Twitch username.
- Log in to the Twitch app on your MacBook.
- Go to the Profile icon, which is shown on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the settings from the dropdown menu. And in the settings menu, you will see a profile tab. Tap on it.
- Now scroll down to see the profile settings and tap on the edit icon to the right of your username.
- Now type your new username in that section.
- Tap on the update option to confirm your new username on Twitch.
- Return back to the home screen using the twitch icon, which is shown in the upper left corner of the screen.
You can share your live streaming on the Twitch app and make a podcast of different video games with your twitch user. Moreover, it has another feature in which you can easily change your Twitch user name or display name and pick a new one by using your iPhone, Android phone, personal computer, and MacBook. So let us know in the comment section when you will live stream on your channel and which video or podcast you like the most on Twitch.