How to clear cookies on an iPhone will undoubtedly assist you in fixing bugs, saving valuable space, or achieving a faster response time in your browsing activities. No matter what browser you are using on your iPhone, you can quickly delete your data in your phone’s cookies.
The process of obtaining the cookie settings appears to be quite simple, regardless of which browser you use on your phone. It is for Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, or Microsoft Edge; there is always an option to remove your data from your phone.
Read the section below to learn how to clear cookies from web browsers on your iPhone. Let me define what cookies are and how they help manage your phone’s memory.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small website-visiting data stored on your phone. User data can be helpful in conjunction with constant interaction with other websites. Customization and better cookies integration could adequately inform customers’ choices and preferences. If a company intends to cater to consumer needs, it is beneficial to allocate enhanced user experience efficiently. For example, your bank may use cookie information to determine the login email address or display the webpage. Retail businesses can also remember the preferred items in their shopping cart. You can track down the previous record of how many times someone has visited or opened a website using the cookie data. In short, it keeps track of all of your search data, whether it is for any business product or service or any similar activity to boost the user experience on any website or for any business.
How can you benefit from clear Cookies on your iPhone?
On your iPhone, you can find different kinds of cookies. Such information can help gather user preferences, browsing data, and trends for using things in the browser. In this case, the company is utilizing it to gain consumer-related information.
Clearing up such data can be a great help in spacing out your drive memory. It also helps to improve the browser’s performance. In any case, if it poses any threat to your phone’s security, then you can clear up the cookies from the phone once in a while anyway. Cookies can cause problems sometimes. You might need to clear your cookies data to resolve the issue with the way your browser manages each piece of content information or save your storage space. Some privacy support functions recommend blocking cookies data completely. So, any website could not get personal information about you.
How to Clear Cookies in Safari on an iPhone
- First, navigate to the Safari browser in the settings list.
- Then, scroll down to “Advanced” at the bottom of the screen. Go to “Clear History and Website Data.”
- Next, navigate to the “Website Data.” Tab “Remove All Website Data” and confirm it.
- If you are willing to remove all the website’s available data from your phone, you can opt for it. You need to confirm it by tapping the “Remove Now” tab.
- You can also delete your cookies’ data one by one. Swipe the website name on the left, then hit the delete button to remove it. In another case, you can edit your relevant website by tapping the “Minus (-) icon” beside your appropriate website at the top-right corner of the screen.
- You can also search relevant websites in the search field at the top of the screen for your convenience. Thousands of websites may be listed there that you may find difficult to access sometimes. So, you can use the search box instead.
How to Clear Cookies on an iPhone Using Chrome
The second most well-known browser that people prefer to use on their iPhones is the Chrome browser. If Chrome is your first browsing choice, you can look at the steps to delete your cookies in Chrome.
Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing Data
- First, open the Chrome browser, then tap the menu icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Next, navigate to the “Settings” tab, then look for “Privacy” in the settings.
- Then, click on “Clear Browsing Data” to clear Cookies information.
- You can also opt for a time range or set “All Time” to delete all data during that time range stored on your iPhone.
- You can also checkmark the “Cookies, Site Data.” It also offers the option of clearing up all browsing history, caching images and files, passwords, or auto-filling data for online forms.
- Finally, tap “Clear Browsing Data” to confirm deleting your cookies.
How to Delete Cookies from the Firefox Browser
You can clear all cookies data from the in-app Menu using the Firefox browser. You can find it quite similar in its process to any other browser. Here is how you can clear cookies on your iPhone saved in the Firefox browser.
- Open up your Firefox browser first.
- You can find the SettingsMenu in the three-line icon available at the bottom right corner of the screen. Tab it to look for Data Management.
- When you get to the Data Management tab, make sure to toggle on the cookies to clear them. You can specify to remove all options from the list of private data, like browsing history, cache, downloaded files, tracking protections, or offline website data.
- Click on “Clear Private Data,” available at the bottom of the screen. The following pop-up window will let you proceed with clearing it completely to confirm your attempt.
Clear cookies from the Opera browser
Opera Touch operates in the same manner as any other browser. You can use its Settings option to collect cookies from websites you’ve visited. Clear cookies on iPhone Opera is a fairly straightforward process. To remove the cookie data from your iPhone, go through its details.
- First, open your Opera Touch browser on your iPhone.
- Next, to get into the Settings tab, click on the “O” icon present at the bottom right of the screen.
- Then open the Settings option, search for “Clear Browsing Data,” and click it.
- When you click Clear Browsing Data, the following screen will allow you to clear your cookies and website data named “Cookies and Site Data.” Check the option to delete it. Other lists will also let you remove your browsing history, cache data, or website settings. You can opt for it if you intend to remove all the information on your browser.
- Finally, tap “Clear” in the top right corner of the screen.
Delete Cookies on Microsoft Edge Browser
Microsoft Edge users can clear cookies on their iPhones. If you are a die-hard fan, you should not feel left out when learning to delete cookies from your web browser using your iPhone. Here’s a quick rundown of the actions you’ll need to take to delete cookies data from your Microsoft Edge browser. Let’s get started right now.
- Launch your Microsoft Edge Browser on your iPhone.
- Similar to options in OperaTouch, you will find the “Three Dots” icon to enter the Settings options. It appears at the screen bottom that delves into the Browser Menu.
- Now, open the settings
- Next, go to “Privacy and Security,” then navigate “Clear Browsing Data.” It opens up the next screen to clear the data and website.
- Check the “Cookies and Site Data” to clear the Cookies and Website Data. If you found it already checked, then you have selected it. The browsing history, cache, passwords, and website addresses offer an option to remove in addition to cookies deletion.
- Finally, tab the Clear Browsing Data to clear the cookies data and hit it.
In conclusion, I would like to mention clearing the cookies on your iPhone will not take long to optimize your performance and helps in better loading time for Websites. Now you can attempt it in any of your preferred browsers. If you don’t want to delete it manually, let it be disabled instead of changing it.