How to connect Alexa to WIFI first step is to open the Alexa app, tap Devices on the bottom of the screen, then Echo & Alexa on the top left. Select which device you want to compare to, and then hit the blue Change button beside the Wi-Fi Network. The app will then walk you finished connecting to the interface.
The Amazon Echo is the material, and Alexa is the brains, but you’re working to need to connect to a Wi-Fi network to receive the full capacities of both.
Your smart layouts and speakers should automatically walk you through analyzing the Wi-Fi as soon as you boot them up during the greatest season, but if you lost the management or require to reconnect a device, here’s how.
Amazon Echo smart speakers and displays can be useful nerve centers for your home comparing your smart devices and composing them with simple phrases. But receiving Alexa to interact with your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and different networks can be a hassle — especially when it involves decoding various color codes on your intelligent speaker.
I’ve set up dozens if not hundreds of energetic devices over the years, and a clear set of directions makes a huge departure. So here’s how to combine Alexa to, well, just touch anything.
Whether you’ve improved your home internet recently, or you’re trying to get attached at a friend’s house or hotel, changing the Wi-Fi network attributed to your Alexa speaker is both quick and easy.
How to connect Alexa to WIFI?
There’s no curtailment of digital partners to talk with Siri, Cortana, Bixby, or the Google Assistant outdoors the audio companion of fitness is Alexa, the technology inside Amazon’s Echo including Fire TV devices, not to consider other third-party speakers and gadgets. You need an Amazon description to use Alexa, but you don’t require Amazon Prime. Sign in on the app. Then agree on the lower right and select. Here you can add each number of Alexa-supported devices to your account, from smart lights to smart plugs. But we’re focused on Echo devices, so tap Amazon Echo; tap the Echo device you want to set up on the next screen. You’ll get a list of every type of Echo that ever existed since 2014, even the discontinued devices, like the Echo Tap and Echo Input.
It’s the Echo line of speakers that showcase Alexa’s capabilities. The repetition is a standalone speaker that needs extinction more than a control connection. There’s the orb-like Echo Point, which stands alone but stones with an external speaker, the high-end Echo Studio for real acoustic snobs, and now an entire line of method-screen Echo Show accessories. They all have their differences, but the setup is virtually identical.
CONNECting YOUR ALEXA DEVICE TO WIFI WITH THE APP
You should have previously downloaded and installed the Alexa app instantly. If not, please do so via the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices, and Google Play for Android.
If this is your first Alexa-enabled equipment, you may not require to take steps 2-4 below. Instead, you will be mentioned to begin setup once the app has been originated.
- Enter your Amazon record credentials and press Symbol In.
- If prompted, tap the Get Started button.
- I was hoping you could select the name associated with your Amazon account from the list provided.
- You now might be required to give Amazon permission to access your Contacts and Information. This is not required to connect your device to Wi-Fi, so choose either Later or Allow depending on your individual decision.
- Tap on the Alexa cover button, located in the upper left-hand control. When the drop-down table appears, choose Settings security.
- Tap the Add New Device button.
- Choose the appropriate device type from the list.
Choose the 2nd Generation Echo Dot Model
- Choose the specific model (Echo Dot 2nd Gen) you require to set up.
- Plug your Alexa-enabled design into a power outlet and wait until it displays the relevant signifier, which will be described in the app. If your device is previously plugged in, you may have to press and hold its Action switch. Select the Continue switch.
- Follow the on-screen directions to connect through WiFi to a custom-named Amazon system. Once it is connected, you will detect confirmation information, and the app will automatically move on to the next partition.
- A Connected to [device name] authentication message may now be performed. If so, tap Continue.
- A list of accessible Wi-Fi networks will now be displayed within the app itself. Select the arrangement that you wish to pair with your Alexa-enabled project and enter a password if advised.
- The app screen may now read Providing Your [device name], accompanied by a development bar.
- If the WiFi association is successfully established, you should see information stating you’re [device name] is presently online.
How to Connect Alexa to a WiFi Network without the App
Connecting to a new Wi-Fi network by using a browser, it would be best to use Firefox, Safari, or Edge. Otherwise, Google Chrome will not work to pair the device.
- Go to the amazon website and sign in to your account.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
- Under the title of Devices, click on Set up a new device.
- Now choose the device you want to connect from the list. Tap Continue.
- Switch on your device while plugging it into a power outlet. Wait for the blue light to turn orange.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings and select the network with the format Amazon-XXX.
- Return to the Alexa Amazon webpage and see the message “Your computer is connected” to your Alexa device. Click continue.
- At last, select the WiFi network you want to connect Alexa to and enter your WiFi password. Click Connect.
- Your Alexa device should be connected now.
How to Pair Alexa to Bluetooth
Before connecting to your Alexa device, make sure to toggle on your phone’s Bluetooth. Go to Settings > Bluetooth > switch it on. Follow the next steps:
- Open the Alexa app and click Devices.
- Tap on Echo & Alexa.
- Choose the device you want to use.
- Select Bluetooth Devices.
- Click on Pair A New Device as shown in the picture.
- A list of available devices is displayed.
- Now select the one you want to use, and it will pair.
You are ready to cast music or podcasts of your choice directly to the smart speaker and display by activating Bluetooth on your phone.
Connecting Alexa to Other Smart Gadgets
· Open the Alexa app and click on Devices.
· Click the More button in the upper right corner and tap Add a Device.
· Choose the type of smart home devices you need to connect.
· Select the brand and follow the on-screen instructions for your new gadget.
Latest Alexa Device Software Versions
Automatically Alexa-enabled devices start to receive software updates when connected to the Internet. However, these updates are very useful as they improve performance and add new features.
· 1st Generation – Amazon Echo – Latest Software Version: 669701420
· 2nd Generation – Amazon Echo – Latest Software Version: 680765120
· 3rd Generation – Amazon Echo – Latest Software Version: 7685032836
· 4th Generation – Amazon Echo – Latest Software Version: 7685032836
In a nutshell, Alexas are fantastic devices, but they must be connected to Wi-Fi to work properly.
Therefore, connecting Alexa to a Wi-Fi network is an easy process that can be done with or without the app. We recommend you do it via the Alexa app, which is much quicker and simpler.
Which way do you choose to connect Wi-Fi to an Alexa device? Let us know while commenting below.