Do you want to connect Echo dot to your iPhone? Then you must be aware of Apple restrictions policy which describes that Apple doesn’t allow a few devices to connect to other devices. But, there are no such sanctions for Amazon Echo devices, and Echo Dot is one of them. The Echo Dot allows you to listen to music, play games, set alarms and reminders, and complete home task plan. Here, you have two ways to link Echo Dot to your iPhone, first through Alexa App, and secondly, you can link it via Bluetooth. Though, it mainly operates as a wireless Bluetooth speaker. Keep reading this article, explaining how to link Echo Dot to iPhone.
But before moving toward its connecting methods, let’s briefly discuss what Echo is. The Echo Dot is the latest smart Bluetooth Alexa-enabled speaker (first, second, third, and 4th generation). It looks more like a hockey puck that consists of a few buttons on top through which you can control volume, mute the speaker, and wake the device to listen for a question or command (though you don’t need to touch the Dot to use it as it is designed for responding to voice commands. With the integrated Alexa assistant, the Echo Dot interface lets you easily control smart devices in your home. Whenever you link an Echo Dot to your iPhone, the sound or audio will come out of that speaker instead of your iPhone.
Quick Guide to Connect Echo Dot to iPhone Using the Alexa App
Hence, there are two different ways to connect the echo dot. Here we will discuss how to link echo dot to iPhone using the Alexa app. Let’s get into the procedure to Pair up an iPhone with an echo dot using Alexa App.
- First, make sure to connect the iPhone to the wifi router network or turn on the data connection.
- Second, Go to the App Store and download the Alexa App.
- Now Open the Alexa App on your iPhone & tap on the Devices in the lower right corner.
- Select the “Plus” sign at the top right corner to add a new device.
- Tap the “Amazon Echo” icon.
- Tap “Echo Dot.”
- Click on the right generation of your Echo Dot.
- Now turn on your Echo Dot.
- Connect Amazon Speaker to the power outlet & power it up.
- Please wait until the blue light ring turns its color, which shows the sign Echo Dot, entered the Setup Mode.
- Now the Echo Dot image should be displayed on your iPhone. Tap on it.
In the Next Section, you have to set the wifi connection:
- Go to your Wifi settings on your phone.
- Search your Echo Dot in the available network list.
- Get back to the Alexa app, and tap continues with the message “Continues Echo Dot Setup.”
- The app will enter wifi settings, listing the available networks.
- Once connected to the device, connect your Echo Dot to your preferred wifi network.
- Enter the password if it is required.
Connecting Echo Dot to iPhone via Bluetooth
Now follow the given instructions to connect the echo dot to the iPhone via Bluetooth. For this method, first, you’ll have to disconnect all the Bluetooth devices connected to your iPhone. And take your Alexa device near your iPhone from which you want to pair.
- Open the Alexa app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the menu icon at the top left side of the corner.
- Go to
- Click on “Echo Dot” from the menu.
- Tap the Bluetooth toggle button to turn it on.
- Click “Pair a New Device” to keep your Echo Dot in the pairing mode.
The same methods will be applied to enable Bluetooth pairing on your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone Bluetooth Settings.
- Set the Bluetooth into the pairing mode.
- Place it near your Echo Dot.
- A little bit later, Echo Dot will appear in the list of your iPhone Bluetooth devices. Click on it.
- The Alexa confirms that your iPhone is ready to link with Amazon Echo Dot via Bluetooth.
Hopefully, you must have learnt how to link Amazon Echo Dot to your iPhone.
What Else Can Echo Dot Do?
Additionally, there are other various things that you can do with your echo dot, though not all ways need a Bluetooth connection.
The other things include,
Music streaming and much more
Once you’re done pairing your iPhone with Alexa, you can open the Apple music library and play the song you want to listen to. Similarly, you can stream audio from iTunes, Apple Music, and podcasts and even enjoy Apple TV sound coming from an echo device. Indeed, you have many options, including enabling your favorite music from any third-party app with audio, such as Spotify or Pandora.
Control over Playback
Alexa offers to control over playback by simply speaking “Alexa, Pause” to pause the music. You can also resume it, turn up and lower the volume and skip to the next track by simply using voice commands.
Make Phone Calls
Echo dot also has some phoning capabilities, which means if your friends use Alexa –enabled devices, you can call their device to talk to them without even reaching your phone. To do this, you’ll have to say “Alexa, call or contact name to make a phone call.
Track Your Phone
This feature is so helpful for a person who forgets things instantly. By installing the My Phone Alexa Skill, you can ask your Echo Dot to track your phone where you place it.
Undoubtedly, an Echo Dot is a perfect choice for everyone who is a fan of smart devices. If you’re interested in buying this speaker & want to connect echo dot to your iPhone, so you can get it from any online store. This device will cost you around 50 to 1000 USD dollars. Surprisingly, Echo Dot’s size may vary & it is easy to carry with you anywhere while playing your favorite music over Echo Dot’s decent-sounding speaker. Comment us as we would be glad to know your thoughts related to the Echo Dot usage experience.