Have you ever felt sorry for posting a TikTok video to your account? As TikTok has become a massive platform for online creators, allowing them to make multiple contents. But, if users wish to delete a TikTok for any reason, the app makes it easy for them to remove a video. So, don’t worry; you can quickly erase a TikTok video from your profile with the help of this guide.
Sometimes, you wish to make some changes to your profile and want to delete irrelevant content. Earlier, the application gave the option to delete the videos; however, this option has been erased. Now TikTokers are searching for answers to remove the Video. So let’s move to the steps to erase the TikTok videos.
How to Delete a TikTok Video (Easiest Steps)
Once you know how to add filters, effects, and other cool features, then TikTok becomes one of those apps that you can have fun with within your free time. However, there are times when you do not want to keep the Video on a profile. So here, we will learn the steps that might help you remove the Video.
- First, you have to view the app and visit your profile. Then, you will see a whole list of all the videos you have produced in the app.
- Then, click on the Video you do not want. It will emerge and play on fullscreen.
- You will see three dots in the bottom right corner while playing the Video. Then click on the dots, and the app will display you the other available option.
- Next, click on Delete and also confirm it by tapping it again.
- When the popup menu emerges, swipe it from left to right, awaiting you see a little wastebasket icon. The app will ask you to make sure about your decision, and you should click yes to confirm you would like to remove the Video. So click on it, and the Video will vanish from your gallery.
Note: if your profile setting offers other users to download your Video, there is not much you can do. Even if you remove the Video from the gallery, someone has it and can post it on their profile. So, you must correct your privacy settings before making any videos you might wish to delete.
Make A Backup Before Delete a TikTok Video: Tip
If you delete a video and regret it later, you want to save a copy. Hence some phones can automatically save a copy of the uploaded videos to a TikTok Folder, but this is an exception for some devices. So, make sure to make a backup of your Video before deleting it. The way to do this is to go after the same steps as above up, so, despite scrolling right, enter the Save button, which is the first option on the popup. Now, you can remove the Video with no worries.
How to Make Your Video Private on TikTok
If you are not ready to delete your videos but do not wish anyone else to see them, You can also save your TikTok videos to your gallery, obviously. Still, you can also keep them in a private folder in the TikTok app. So, for this, you don’t have to remove your videos. So, let’s move to the steps that help you to make your Video private.
- For this, you first have to play the Video in question.
- Click on the three dots, then Tap on “Privacy Settings.”
- Then, Click On who can see this Video.
- Moreover, you can choose the Only me option to keep your Video private.
- After that, the Video will remain in the private folder where only you can see it until you either remove it or shift it back for all of your friends to see.
- When you wish to keep your video public again so you can go to your profile and click on the lock icon; after that, follow the same steps to Click on Everyone.
How to Delete a Draft TikTok Video
If your TikTok Video is saved as a draught that you choose never to publish, you can also remove it from your account. You can also erase more than one TikTok video draught all at once. So let’s move to the steps to remove the draught video.
Remove A Single Draft Video
- First, click on the Me tab at the base to move to your profile.
- Choose Drafts and then swipe right to left on the Video you want to delete and click on Delete.
- Next, verify this action by clicking Discard.
Delete More than One Draft
- Click on the Me Tab to move to your profile.
- Then, choose Drafts and click on Select from the top right.
- Next, checkmark the Video you wish to delete.
- After that, click Delete at the bottom of the display.
- Now, confirm the task by clicking Discard.
What to do if you cant Delete a TikTok Video
There are so many reasons that may be stopping you from removing the videos from TikTok. If the Video is not loading, you will not be able to delete it because there will be no option to click on “Delete.” The other reason may be the slow internet. If your connection is slow and the menu options do not load up, you cannot delete a video.
It can be used to offer users insights interconnected to business. Hence, the app serves numerous reasons for how to remove a TikTok video. So, we have guided you on how you can easily remove your TikTok videos from your profile after sharing them. Just follow the steps above and delete your unwanted content. If you face any issues in deleting a TikTok video, feel free to comment. We will come up with an updated solution for you.