As we know, TikTok is the largest and most popular video-sharing platform. With its design and usability, this makes interaction with people as easy as possible, along with video creation features. One of the essential and impressive features is the editing of text. As extended captions are fairly frustrating on clips, it is better to nail it. Then, you have come to the right place to seek the method of how to edit the caption on TikTok.
Thus, it may be tricky if you are using the app for the first time, but use it constantly; its new features and various options make a video irresistible. Hence, it doesn’t offer a direct editing option. You have to apply a few steps to enjoy this editing text feature. Moreover, you can edit the video with multiple methods as well as set the auto caption so that you don’t need to change it again and again. But the important point is to make a caption before posting. As a pure volume, features and more options make the app complex. So let’s move to the next section to see the techniques.
Editing Text Caption on TikTok Video While Recording/Uploading
TikTok proposes a text editing feature to help you add subtitles in the app. Just by clicking the Character option, you can quickly put words on a TikTok video. You can apply it after completing the recording or uploading it on TikTok. So, follow the given steps to add captions to your TikTok video:
- Initially, launch the TikTok app, and select a video on which you have to work.
- Now, click the “+” symbol to record a new video or upload one from your phone.
- At the bottom, tap the Text button at the bottom of the screen to add subtitles to your TikTok video by typing the words.
- Once you have added the text, you can edit the caption on TikTok by using the available options:
- The (A) symbol on the left side of the screen permits you to add a highlight to the text.
- There are various fonts available that will help you provide a modish look to your TikTok caption.
- At the bottom of the screen, the colorful circles are present to change the color of the text.
Editing Feature of a TikTok Caption after Posting
TikTok does not offer you the feature of editing a caption after posting a video. But there is a way to sort it out, so you don’t need to record or re-post the same content again. Suppose you have an issue with the subtitles in the video’s life. It is pretty easy to fix the problem by re-uploading the same video onto your profile. So, follow the below steps to modernize the caption:
- Firstly, click on the Me icon on your screen on the lower right-hand side.
- Secondly, pick the video, and after that, click on the horizontal ellipsis (three horizontal dots) on the right side.
- Thirdly, click on Save Video.
- Once you save the video, repost it with an edit caption on TikTok and click on the “+” icon placed at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, on the right-hand side, click on the Upload option of the red record button.
- A list will appear; choose your already saved TikTok video and press Next.
- Once again, click on the Next option in the upper right corner. You can insert text, stickers, and other effects in this step.
- Last but not least, in the bottom right section, again click on the Next tab on the screen.
- After updating the caption and modifying it according to audience preferences, finally click the
Method to Delete the Previous Video
At this moment, your newly updated content becomes visible in your timeline. So, it is better to delete the original video.
- For that purpose, go to the home page and then click on the Me icon placed at the bottom.
- Now, pick the video which you want to delete and then press on the horizontal dots on the right side of the video.
- In the above displaying Cancel line, opt for the option Delete.
- Verify your option by clicking on the Delete
Create an Auto Caption for TikTok
Moreover, you can also make an auto caption rather than add it to the TikTok video. For that purpose, go through the below steps:
- Initially, upload an earlier video or record a new video, and then click on the checkmark to activate the editing mode.
- Search for the Caption option on the right side of the screen and click on it to activate subtitles.
- At this time, TikTok produces subtitles for spoken words, and they will appear as a preview on your video.
- If you see any spelling mistakes or want to make some adjustments. You can also do this through the Edit button to edit your TikTok subtitle by selecting the right caption words or individual lines of captions.
- Once you are satisfied with the captions, click on the Save button in the top right corner.
Free Third-Party App for TikTok Caption Editor
If you are not satisfied with the provided word effects, you may try another video editing method with more text styles and effects to enhance your video with cool captions. FlexClip is the best option as a third-party app for TikTok videos. This app is a free and influential video editor to make your TikTok video subtitles with several stunning text effects and fonts. Moreover, you can easily find your favorite subtitle effects and apply them to your project with a few clicks with simplicity. You can also use its timing feature to put text on the TikTok video at different times on the top right corner of the screen.
One of the great ways to enhance your TikTok video and make it unique is to edit the subtitles according to your wishes. As this feature gives an astonishing effect on your videos, TikTok offers cool and stylish fonts and effects to apply. But you can edit it after posting or while making the video. Furthermore, you can also use other apps to edit video text. So, hopefully, the above techniques will help you make an incredible video; let us know your thoughts by commenting on the article.