Avast Passwords is a browser extension afforded by the antivirus security service provider Avast. It maintains your passwords and sensitive information securely. You can catch your password and store it carefully every time you log into a new website.
However, avast is popular for its extreme generosity, it creates strong passwords for you to use and sync all your sensitive data and login details across your devices shielded by Avast.
Though, Avast Passwords is no longer a standalone product. If you had earlier subscriptions, they would hold legit, and the Avast Password Manager extension is still feasible.
It can be difficult if the Avast Passwords extension suddenly stops running since it has all your sensitive data and passwords stored. If you are encountering the same error: ‘Avast Password Manager not working, then you’ve landed at the right place.
In this guide, we’ll provide you some of the most effective troubleshooting methods to try one by one and resolve the issue.
Note: These techniques will work for all browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, etc. though we have used the reference of Google Chrome in this guide.
Why is my Avast Password Manager not working?
Avast Password Manager might not run due to various reasons. Some of them include old and corrupt browser extensions, communication issues between the desktop Avast software and the password extension, etc.
Furthermore, it will also not work if your Microsoft account is not functioning accurately. Other than that, the ‘Avast Passwords not working’ issue could also happen if the extension itself is old.
How to Resolve ‘Avast Passwords Not Working’ Problem?
Note: Retain in mind that in incognito mode, the external extensions are switched off. Also, only one version of the Avast Password Manager should be installed in the browser menu.
- Verify Avast Password Is Enabled On Browser
First, verify if the browser has turned on the Avast Password extension. It can get disabled automatically when you upgrade your browser, Windows, or due to particular other reasons. So, to make sure that Avast Passwords is enabled on your chrome browser, go through the following actions:
- Start your browser and press on the three-dot icon to open the menu.
- Press on “More tools” and later on “Extensions.”
- From the menu of extensions, make sure to turn on the Avast Password button.
Upgrade the Avast Password Manager Extension in Chrome
It is also reasonable that your Avast Password extension has become outdated. If so, it might not run on your Chrome. So, you require to update the Avast Password manager Chrome extension to fix pre-existing bugs and enhance its production. Here are the steps you require to follow to do the same:
- Start the Chrome menu option by pressing on the 3 dots at the top right corner of the window and click on “More Tools.”
Then, press on “Extensions.”
- Here, on the “Extensions” screen, hit on the button located in the upper right corner to enable “Developer mode.”
- Hit on the “Update” button and update each extension.
Re-Add/Reinstall Avast Passwords Extension on Browser
If your Avast Password Chrome extension is damaged, you will be meeting a lot of problems with your browser, including the avast Password Not Working’ error. In this situation, you can either repair the Avast browser extension or eliminate and re-add it to your browser. If improvement seems too much, here are the steps to eliminate and re-add Avast Passwords Extension:
- Navigate the Chrome extensions page on your PC.
- Move to Avast Passwords and press on ‘Remove.’ Then, hit Remove again to approve the task.
- Navigate the Chrome Webstore site and enter in ‘Avast Passwords’ in the search bar.
Now, when you see the Avast Password search result, press “Add to Chrome.”
Then, press on “Add extension” from the arrived dialog box to confirm the action.
Reinstall Avast Passwords Extension through Avast Software On the PC
If the fixes suggested above didn’t work for you, it is possible that perhaps the Avast Password Manager extension is unable to interact with your Avast desktop application.
You might own thought that the extension is a standalone one, but it does continue connected to the main Avast software on your computer. If this is the situation, you should attempt reinstalling the extension via the main Avast application.
Follow the actions given below to install the Extension via your desktop Avast application:
- Start the Avast application
- Navigate to its Settings and then click Privacy located towards the left.
- Press on ‘Passwords’ and then on ‘Settings.’
- Press on ‘Browser Integration.
Avast provides you a list containing all the installed browsers in your system. Move to the browser where you require to install your Extension and click on ‘Re-Add Extension.’
- Keep following the on-screen directions to install the Avast extension and finish the process. Then, verify if the Avast passwords extension works fine or not.
Check Your Connection
Avast password manage may not function properly if you are offline. So for the best results, make sure you have an active internet connection. You can test if your internet is functioning by opening your favorite web pages. You can try accessing them using other devices if they don’t load; this will confirm if your device has internet-related issues or doesn’t have internet.
Enable Avast Password Manager
The avast passwords utility is included with Avast antivirus software on windows systems. Due to updates, the secure passwords component might vanish. This can be irritating if you wish to manage your passwords or other sensitive data. Apply the below steps to re-enable avast passwords.
- Open avast antivirus, tap on the Menu and choose settings.
- Launch the general tab, then troubleshooting > Add/modify.
- On the next page, tap on the old password and tap on change.
- Now, choose yes on the authorization prompt and then tap on done.
- Open the privacy tab, choose password manager, and mark the show avast passwords option.
Resolve Error 0x8009000BU
You may see this bug when you try to access the Avast passwords component on your Avast antivirus. This error is a virus in which the Avast password component conflicts with your Microsoft account. You may notice this error if you have altered your windows password or signed in with your local account. You have to revert to your old password or log in with your Microsoft account to resolve it. Move ahead to resolve this error by logging in with your Microsoft account.
- Launch the settings app and choose the Accounts option on your windows.
- Now, tap on sign in with your Microsoft account option under your info.
Avast passwords are the most well-known among the password managers used by people. Even with its status, Avast passwords are sometimes flawed, with errors that make it not function properly. However, with the solutions mentioned above, you will resolve multiple issues.