How to Fix Avast Passwords Not Working Issues?
How to fix avast passwords not working problems? Avast Passwords is a browser extension afforded by the antivirus security service provider Avast. It maintains your passwords and sensitive information securely. You can catch your password and store it carefully every time you log into a new website.
Moreover, it creates strong passwords for you to use and sync all your sensitive data and login details across your devices shielded by Avast.
Though, Avast Passwords is no longer a standalone product. If you had earlier subscriptions, they would hold legit, and the Avast Password Manager extension is still feasible.
It can be difficult if the Avast Passwords extension suddenly stops running since it has all your sensitive data and passwords stored. If you are encountering the same error: ‘Avast Password Manager not working, then you’ve landed at the right place.
In this guide, we’ll provide you some of the most effective troubleshooting methods to try one by one and resolve the issue.
Note: These techniques will work for all browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, etc. though we have used the reference of Google Chrome in this guide.
Why is my Avast Password Manager not working?
Avast Password Manager might not run due to various reasons. Some of them include old and corrupt browser extensions, communication issues between the desktop Avast software and the password extension, etc.
Furthermore, it will also not work if your Microsoft account is not functioning accurately. Other than that, the ‘Avast Passwords not working’ issue could also happen if the extension itself is old.
How to Resolve ‘Avast Passwords Not Working’ Problem?
Note: Retain in mind that in incognito mode, the external extensions are switched off. Also, only one version of the Avast Password Manager should be installed in the browser menu.
- Verify Avast Passwords Is Enabled On Browser
First, verify if the browser has turned on the Avast Passwords extension. It can get disabled automatically when you upgrade your browser, Windows, or due to particular other reasons. So, to make sure that Avast Passwords is enabled on your chrome browser, go through the following actions:
- Start your browser and press on the three-dot icon to open the menu.
- Press on “More tools” and later on “Extensions.”
- From the menu of extensions, make sure to turn on the Avast Passwords button.
Upgrade the Avast Password Manager Extension in Chrome
It is also reasonable that your Avast Password extension has become outdated. If so, it might not run on your Chrome. So, you require to update the Avast Password manager Chrome extension to fix pre-existing bugs and enhance its production. Here are the steps you require to follow to do the same:
- Start the Chrome menu option by pressing on the 3 dots at the top right corner of the window and click on “More Tools.”
Then, press on “Extensions.”
- Here, on the “Extensions” screen, hit on the button located in the upper right corner to enable “Developer mode.”
- Hit on the “Update” button and update each extension.
Re-Add/Reinstall Avast Passwords Extension on Browser
If your Avast Password Chrome extension is damaged, you will be meeting a lot of problems with your browser, including the ‘Avast Passwords Not Working’ error. In this situation, you can either repair the Avast browser extension or eliminate and re-add it to your browser. If improvement seems too much, here are the steps to eliminate and re-add Avast Passwords Extension:
- Navigate the Chrome extensions page on your PC.
- Move to Avast Passwords and press on ‘Remove.’ Then, hit Remove again to approve the task.
- Navigate the Chrome Webstore site and enter in ‘Avast Passwords’ in the search bar.
Now, when you see the Avast Password search result, press “Add to Chrome.”
Then, press on “Add extension” from the arrived dialog box to confirm the action.
Reinstall Avast Passwords Extension through Avast Software On the PC
If the fixes suggested above didn’t work for you, it is possible that perhaps the Avast Password Manager extension is unable to interact with your Avast desktop application.
You might own thought that the extension is a standalone one, but it does continue connected to the main Avast software on your computer. If this is the situation, you should attempt reinstalling the extension via the main Avast application.
Follow the actions given below to install the Extension via your desktop Avast application:
- Start the Avast application
- Navigate to its Settings and then click Privacy located towards the left.
- Press on ‘Passwords’ and then on ‘Settings.’
- Press on ‘Browser Integration.
Avast provides you a list containing all the installed browsers in your system. Move to the browser where you require to install your Extension and click on ‘Re-Add Extension.’
- Keep following the on-screen directions to install the Avast extension and finish the process. Then, verify if the Avast passwords extension works fine or not.