How to Insert Signature in Word in Simple Steps?
How to insert signature in word? Electronic signing is a relatively new practice. Rather than an old-school “wet signature,” you can now use electronic signatures, symbols, and even sounds to authenticate a document.
MS Word, unhappily, doesn’t have several built-in features for generating e-signatures. Though, the word processor powers a wide range of extensions and apps you can use instead. This guide will advise you on how to insert your signature in Microsoft Word and explain how e-signing works.
How to Insert Signature in Word?
The great news is – you can add e-signatures in Word documents. The sad news is – you can only attach them as image extensions. Here’s how to add your sing in Microsoft Word using the built-in features:
- Type your name on a blank paper.
- Via a scanner or a camera to capture the document. Upload it to your PC and save it as a .jpg, .png or .gif file.
- Open the MS Word document. Move to the “Insert” section on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click on “Pictures” to open a new window. Locate the scanned signature on your local drive by typing the file’s name in the dialog box. Press to add it to your file.
- If the signature is too big, you can edit it. If you hit on the picture, a new “Picture Tools” section will pop up. Hit on the “Format” tab and use “Crop” to resize. You can also insert the height and width manually into the little dialog boxes on the right-hand side.
If you need to include additional information in the signature, you can use the Quick Parts feature. Here’s how to do it:
- Insert your phone number, e-mail address, or job title under the signature image.
- Use the PC’s cursor to highlight both the image and the added data.
- On the menu above, open the “Insert” section. Click on the “Quick Parts” tab.
- Hit on the “Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery” choice to open a new screen.
- Following the word “Name,” insert the title of your signature.
- Check the “Gallery” box underneath. It will read “Auto Text.” If not, choose that option from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the process by clicking “OK.”
- Presently that your signature is ready, place the cursor where you need to insert it.
- Navigate to Insert-> Quick Parts -> Auto Text.
- Select your signature from the list of blocks.
What Is a Digital Signature?
Unlike normal e-signatures, digital signatures have an authentication code that’s novel to every individual. The embedded cryptography ensures the document’s security and integrity.
Judicially speaking, digital signatures are accepted as valid identification. Of course, that can differ depending on the laws in a distinct country.
It’s standard practice to use digital signatures in most businesses. Industries include them in their corporate ID, e-mail address, and phone PIN.
You may also be asked to create an e-signature in your everyday life. Here’s a record of documents that normally require a digital signature:
- A real estate contract (closing contract included).
- A mortgage application.
- A sales contract.
- A vendor agreement.
- A hiring contract.
How to Delete Digital Signatures from Excel or Word?
You can remove the sign from your file or spreadsheet in just a few simple steps. Here’s how to delete electronic signatures from Word or Excel:
- Navigate to the MS Word/Excel home page and select the document or spreadsheet that includes your signature.
- Put the cursor on the signature line and right-click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select “Remove Signature” from the list of options.
- Verify with “Yes.”
Steps to Sign the Signature Line in Word or Excel?
Sign lines are a built-in feature in MS Word. They note the place where to sign the file. Here are the steps to add signature lines to Word:
- Place your cursor where you want to sign the document.
- Hit on the “Insert” option in the menu bar above.
- Navigate to Text -> Signature Line -> Microsoft Office Signature Line.
- A tiny pop-up window will display. Type the name, title, and e-mail address (optional) of the signer in the relevant boxes.
- Confirm with “OK.”
If you’re the endorser, here’s how to sign the signature line in Excel or Word:
- Open the Word document or Excel spreadsheet. Make sure to enable editing. If “Protected View” is displayed, press on “Edit Anyway.”
- Put your cursor to the signature line and right-click to display a drop-down menu.
- From the list of options, choose “Sign.”
- If your signature is saved as an image, click “Select Image.” Use the “Select Signature Image” dialog box to locate the file on your computer. Hit “Select” to upload it to Word.
- If you have a printed version, you can type your name next to the letter “X.”
- Click “Sign” to insert the signature.
How to Insert a Sign in Word using PandaDoc Add-In?
If you don’t have permission to a scanner, you can utilize an e-signing extension instead. PandaDoc is a remarkably famous add-in due to its user-friendly interface and wide range of tools. You can use it from the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. Here are the steps to add a signature in Word with the PandaDoc add-in:
- Start your browser and navigate to the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
- Search to find the PandaDoc add-in. hit the “Get It Now” button under the logo to install.
- Register for an account and enable PandaDoc access to your computer files.
- Upload the Word document to PandaDoc.
- There are 2 choices to choose from, depending on who’s signing the document. If you’re the signer, pick “Self-sign Document.” If not, click on “Request Signatures.”
- To insert your sign, click on the little ‘’+’’ icon on the right-hand side. Locate the “Signature” section and click to open it.
- PandaDoc enables you to draw or type in your sign or upload a pre-existing image. Select an option and then hit on “Finish Document.”
PandaDoc will automatically store the signature so you can keep using it. Just hit the “Signature” box and drag and drop it into the document.
How to Add a Sign-in Word Using PandaDoc App?
You can also download the PandaDoc app and use it to sign documents with your phone electronically. It’s available for both Android and iOS smartphones. Here are the steps to add a signature in Word with the PandaDoc application:
- Start the application and sign in to your account.
- Click on the “New Document” box. Hit the “Upload” tab and drag a new file with your cursor. If the document is previously saved on the application, it’ll show up on the list of local files.
- Hit “Display As” and open the document in the editor application.
- Choose the “Signature” field from the board on the right-hand side. Drag-and-drop it into your document.
- Sign the document by writing, drawing, or uploading a picture.
- Hit “Complete” to download the signed version of the document