This has to be ridiculously simple, right? Not something to read long-ass blogs for. This is why I have made it simple for you to skim through and get your solution.
Well, IT IS that simple! Let’s look at these options.
Before we begin, you should know that these solutions are listed from easiest to hardest (relative to the easier ones)
How to Loop a Video on iPhone(Using Live Photos)
Okay so this has to be the easiest one and if you don’t know this you can read the list below and you’ll know how to do it in an instant.
FYI: live photos capture the video of 1.5 seconds before and 1.5 seconds after you click the capture buttons. When you view them, you see them move for an instant as they were captured.
Know that you’ll only be able to use this in iPhone 6s or later models. Let’s get going with our first answer of the prompt “how to loop a video on iPhone”
How to Capture a Live Photo
- Open your Camera and look at the top bar.
- Click the circular icon, if you see.
- It will turn yellow; shaped like a sun.
- This means you’ve enabled Live Photos.
- Point your camera anywhere you want and capture the Live Photo.
How to Turn Your Live Photo into a Looped Video
- Open your Photos app and locate the live photo.
- When you open the photo, you’ll swipe up on the photo.
- You’ll see the description, scroll down and you’ll see Loop option.
- Choose Loop option which fits best.
- You’ll now be asked to save the video.
- Your Looped video is ready.
How to Loop a Video on iPhone: Instagram Hack
Looping a Live Photo has a flaw. At the end of the photo, it is fade away instead of a seamless transition.
How do we fix that? With the Gram!
Let’s see how to do that.
- Open your Instagram app.
- Access camera either by “swipe right” or click “camera icon” on top left corner.
- Click “Boomerang”-the loop like icon in the middle left of the screen.
- Swipe up on your screen to see the gallery.
- Choose Live Photo or video.
- Click the “Down Arrow” on the bottom of the screen.
- Your Looped video is saved in your Photos app now.
This Slideshow Feature Lets Plays Endless Loop
This feature can be one of the most neglected, cause like…who looks at a slideshow button?? But now you’ll know all about it. So, couple o’ things you gotta know beforehand, the slideshow doesn’t save your video in an endless loop but what it CAN do is play the video endlessly.
So, you get the picture now. Let’s see where this feature sits and how you can use it (if it’s something you wanna pick)
- Open your Photos app.
- Go to your desired picture and “swipe up” to see option.
- You’ll see the first option “Slideshow”
- Click “Slideshow” and you’ll be in a different interface.
- By default, you’ll be in a portrait mode.
- Click “options” on the bottom right and play with the settings.
- You have an endless looped video
How to Play a YouTube Video on Loop
This is for you if you want to play some music or put something in the background while you drive or cook or clean. Could be anything but this is how you gotta do it. We didn’t have this feature for iPhones earlier but thanks to YouTube, now we do. Let’s see where that option lies and how you can play it.
- Go on your YouTube app and play any video that you want to loop.
- When you are in the portrait mode, you’ll see the Download option.
- Right beside the “download” option you’ll see a “+”
- Click and hold“+” option and wait for a pop-up.
- The pop-up will show the options Click “New Playlist”
- Go to your “Library” and click on that playlist.
- Click the loop button and when you play that video…
- It will be on loop.
Endless Looped Downloaded Video with Music App
This is the hardest and if you still choose this one there could be only two reasons.
- You want the loop video downloaded.
- The video should be played even when the screen is locked.
If you still want to go with this option, you’ll need a laptop or computer to accommodate the whole process. Download the video you want to be in loop in your laptop. Get your iTunes installed and ready when you follow the guide below. This one is a bit complicated so bear with me and the lack of visual reference.
- Open your iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPad via cable.
- Click on the top left option “File” and click “Add Media”
- Select and import your desired video.
- Now locate the video and Right Click on it>>Movie info
- Now click on the “Options”
- Click the “Media type” option and choose “music video”
- Now click “music video” category on left tab.
- Right click on the video and click add to device>>iPhone
- Open Music App on your device and play that video.
- Swipe up on it and click the repeat button>>click again.
- Your video is now on single endless loop.