On the Snapchat server, mostly every piece of content can only watch by the friends that you add. But the public profile feature can make you share your content on Snapchat with every Snapchatter. However, this feature was launched in December 2021.
In addition, now public profile feature is gradually becoming popular because many content creators are selecting this feature. Plus, anyone can create a Snapchat account as public to make their content publicize.
Below we have mentioned a comprehensive guide to creating a public profile, so keep reading the guideline until the end.
An Overview of Public Profile Snapchat?
Snapchat’s public profile is a new feature that allows other users to discover you without difficulty. The most significant feature of a public profile is consuming a separate list of subscribers and friends you add.
Moreover, this feature lets you share photos, videos, and content to connect your public subscribers through intimate communications with your friends. You can also share your public profile on other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
In addition, if someone subscribes to your public profile, you don’t get any notifications like Twitter. And public profile users can access exclusive profile pictures to display their creativity and find many new friends for your content.
What you Need to Get a Public Profile
The Snapchat server has not announced public profiles in every region. Consequently, if you do not see this option, you might live in a region that does not support Snapchat or this feature. While if you get the public profile option, you can make it.
Below we have described a few rules and limitations a user needs to fulfill to make a profile publicized on Snapchat.
- The most basic requirement to make a public profile is that the user needs to be 18 years or older than 18 years.
- The user should be a Snapchat user for more than a day.
- Users have at least one bi-directional friend on Snapchat.
- Users do not cross any violations of Snapchat’s Community Guidelines.
NOTE: Only verified creators make it when the Snapchat server proclaims public profiles. But now, providentially, the company has unlocked the public profile feature for all Snapchatters.
Remember the Community Guidelines to Make Public Profile
Basically, the public Profile is for users who want to promote their content. For instance, publicize your brand. However, if a user violates or does any illegal activities on Snapchat, the community guidelines of the Snapchat server can take action and block you from the server.
Consequently, we recommend our audience look around the community guideline to consider a public profile. To become aware of what is the acceptable manner on the server.
Suppose you have an account on Snapchat and wants to make your account public. Keep in mind to avoid sharing this kind of content that we describe below.
- Harassment and bullying
- Threats of violence and harm
- Illegal activity
- Sexually Unambiguous Content
- Terrorism and hatred speech
- Spread false information
- Impersonation and scams
How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat Via Android & IOS
If a user wants to create a publicized profile on the Snapchat platform is similar for iOS and Android devices. It takes just a few steps and instants to create your profile public to make it more discovered by other users.
- Step 1: First of all, open the Snapchat application on your desirable device.
- Step 2: Tap on the Profile or bitmoji icon on the main page in the upper left corner.
- Step 3: Then tap on the settings icon that you will see on the top right side of the profile page.
- Step 4: Now hit the Add to spotlight option from the setting menu list.
- Step 5: Choose the Create public profile option from the pop-up menu.
- Step 6: After that, tap on continue from the pop-up page that appears on your screen.
- Step 7: Then hit get started and tap on Create to confirm. That’s it.
Can I Edit My Public Profile?
After creating public profiles, users can add and make changes to your profile with information and content. That consents the subscribers to watch your information and any content that you share whensoever they want.
Here we describe some options users can apply to create changes in their public profile.
- Edit Profile: This option lets users change their profile picture, set a location, add or modify bio and publicize their subscriber count.
- Save Stories: Users can save their Snaps in their public profile so every snap chatter can view their public snaps.
- Share Public Profile: This option allows users to share their profiles in other social media applications.
- Delete Public Profile: User who has a public profile can remove their public profile anytime they want. Moreover, it will not disturb their usual Snapchat account.
Follow the below steps to make changes to your public profile on Snapchat.
- Step 1: Open your Snapchat account and tap on your Bitmoji icon from the main page.
- Step 2: Here, tap on the public profile option and then hit on the My Public Profile section.
- Step 3: Now tap on the settings option at the upper right corner (it looks like a gear).
- Step 4: Then choose the Manage public profile option from the pop-up settings menu list.
- Step 5: If you want to edit your profile, tap on the Edit profile option.
- Step6: Suppose you want to save stories on your public profile so tap on Save a story to your profile.
- Step 7: If you want to share your profile, tap on the share profile option, then hit the share that URL option and share it where you want.
- Step 8: To delete your public profile, tap on the delete public profile you see below on your screen.
Snapchat public profile feature lets users make their content reachable to a wider audience beyond their family and friends. In this post, we instruct our audience that how they can make their profile public, its requirements, and the guideline to create it. However, if you like this guideline, tell us in the comment section and let us know if you have any questions about this article.