It seems somewhat boring to use iTunes as a ringtone as users want to use something different. In fact, creating your own ringtone is the best way to modify your iPhone. Even you can also assign different ringtones for various contacts. In this way, you will know that who’s calling you. So, you can set your favourite song as a ringtone on your iPhone without iTunes. You just have to create a ringtone or customize it from a ringtone-making app from the Apple app store on iPhones or iPads.
Since it does not seem easy as it sounds, but it is not impossible. Well, there is a glitch; without using a computer, you can’t set your ringtone. But through the Garageband app and Ringtone Making app, you can make the music files and podcasts or also import the song and set it as your ringtone on iOS devices.
However, there are a few things that you have to know about adding or setting ringtones. Initially, you have to download the song onto your iPhone and then save it into your iPhone music library. Otherwise, you may also import and keep the song in Apple Files. Keep in mind to do this; otherwise, you can’t apply the following method, which is described in the next section.
Set Ringtone on iPhone without iTunes Straight forwardly
Setting a piece of music or song as a ringtone on an iPhone is only possible through a native app of the Apple app stores- namely the Garageband app, and another one is the Ringtone Maker app. Through these apps, you can easily set your wished music or song. Otherwise, you have to pay to get your desired ringtone. So, let’s move to the below section to learn the steps.
Creating a Ringtone in iPhone
Here are the following steps to create a music file in a minute for a ringtone:
- Initially, launch the Garageband app on your iPhone.
- In the Tracks section, scroll until you do not discover Drums. Then, click on the Smart Drums option and tap the View button to edit the section. Apple shows this button as a sequence of longer and shorter lines.
- After that, you have to tap on the Loop icon to browse the song at the top of the screen.
- Select the Files tab on the screen and search the song according to your wish. After locating the song, click on it for a few seconds, and it will import the file. If you don’t get your desired song, then tap on the Browse items from the Files app tab to look for it.
- Now, click the Play button to run through to check whether the song starts to play when your phone rings. You will observe a vertical slider-pin-like ruler at the top of the editing screen. Slide this pin to that point from where you want to begin the song.
- Double-click the song after placing the pin. A pop-up list of options will appear; pick the option Split from the list. Then, move the icon to snip your song at your selected point with the down scissors.
- At this moment, double click the part of the song which you don’t like to keep. Next, select the Delete option from the appearing pop-menu to remove it from the workspace.
- Afterward, in the top left corner, press the downward-facing arrow of the screen. Next, select the My songs from the menu.
- Press and hold down the music project, opt for the Share option from the menu, and then choose Ringtone àContinue, name the song. After that, pick the Export option; this step will save your ringtone.
- An option will appear of Use Sound As; click on it, and it will set your song as ringtone or allot to a contact. Otherwise, click on the OK tab to save the ringtone for later use.
It is essential to notice that your iPhone automatically trims the song to a length of 30 seconds when you export the song. Thus, you have to cut it from the start and end sides if you want to snip the song to play that is less than 30 seconds. It allows you to make the segment you wish to; for that purpose, repeat the steps from 5 to 7.
Set Song as a Ringtone on iPhone
To set your save song as a ringtone, follow the below steps:
- Move to the Settings icon (grey gear icon) in your iPhone and pick the option Sounds & Haptics.
- Now opt for the option Ringtone from the menu. A menu of all ringtones will come to view. Your newly made ringtone will show at the top of this list.
- At last, click on the song to set it as your ringtone.
Another Way to Set Ringtone via Ringtone Maker App
To customize ringtones is not a straightforward process. You have to connect your iPhone to a computer to add a ringtone. The Ringtone Maker app help make your favorite song as a ringtone. Compared to other apps, the Ringtone Maker app permits you to set ringtones on your iPhone without iTunes. It also offers a range of personalized ringtones from several genres like Country, Latin, or Rock, etc. It is one of the free best ringtone-making apps available on the iPhone. Now, apply the following steps to set the ringtone on iPhone:
- Open the Ringtone Maker app on your iPhone.
- Click on the Ringtone maker (+) to pick a song or audio file.
- Now, choose your music file from the music library.
- After selecting sound, the inbuilt audio trimmer tool comes into view.
- Cut down the length of your audio and select the section of the song as your desired ringtone. Make the duration less than 30 seconds for the ringtone.
- In the end, click on the Save tab, and your ringtone file will save in the My Tones
iPhone’s default ringtone is quite dull, so it’s better to make it your own or adapt it through apps. Modifying your ringtone on your iPhone or iPad makes it more exciting and pleasurable. Hope so; you will enjoy the newly created music or song, which you set as a ringtone through the above easiest methods. So, share your thoughts about adding your favorite ringtone to your iPhone in the comment box.