Are you missing the iPhone 12 battery percentage on your screen? Here are simple ways to set it on the iPhone 12 and 13. However, if you have an iPhone, the default way to check the battery life is through the battery icon at the peak of the bar. Unfortunately, unlike a particular percentage indicator, it will not display how much battery is left. But, we will give you some alternatives to show the battery percentage on top of the iPhone 12. This may be a trick, but this is what Apple chose for the iPhone 12.
Earlier, it was super easy to show battery percentage. There was just one tap in the settings app and it would toggle on the percentage indicator in the upper-right of the screen. But in, the iPhone 12 and other models that feature Face ID and have a broad notch at the top, which means that they don’t have sufficient space to display the battery life. That’s why it becomes more complex. So here in this guide, we will let you know some ways to display the battery percentage on the iPhone 12.
Quick Ways to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone 12
Although the iPhone 12 family ships with a peak that limits a portion of the screen, you will not be able to see the phone’s battery life in numbers from the top-right of the screen like you always see on the iPhone SE (or the iPhone 8 or earlier). But, there are some workarounds that we will discuss next.
1. Using Control Center
The simplest way to check the battery life on the latest iPhones is by opening the control panel. Put your finger on the battery icon and swipe downward. When it opens, you will see the battery percentage next to the battery icon. Now, let’s move to the methods.
2. Add a Battery Widget on iPhone 12 Screen
However, you can add a battery widget on iPhone 12’s home screen; all credit goes to the iOS 14 and later upgrades that allow adding a widget.
- First, deep-press on the iPhone’s home screen on any app icon or blank space.
- Second, the editable screen with jingling apps will emerge.
- Third, click on the + sign on the top-left corner of the screen to bring the widget panel.
- Now, click on the battery widget or search for it in the bar at the apex of the screen.
- When it’s added, click on the battery widget and navigate it to any place on the home screen.
These built-in battery widgets will always display your battery percentage as well as the percentages of other liked devices such as the Apple Watch, AirPods, and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Although, you can navigate the widget anywhere you want. This approach is for those who need a permanent battery indicator despite checking the control center each time. With the widget, you can access the percentage on the home screen. In addition, there are lots of third-party battery widgets in the app store.
3. Use Charging to View the Battery Life of iPhone 12
The other workaround involves that if you are at home, you can access the charger to the phone and apply the below steps to get the battery percentage.
- First, connect your iPhone to a charger, or you can use a wireless charger by placing the phone.
- Then, it will display the battery life on the lock screen for a limited time.
4. Using Siri to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone 12
However, Siri is likely the iPhone’s most advanced and thrilling feature. If you like to use Siri, you can quickly ask about the remaining iPhone battery percentage. You must bring Siri up by saving Hey Siri if it’s already set up. If not, then
- Open the settings > Siri and allow Type to Siri & listen to the Hey Siri option.
- Then, command Hey Siri to bring the Siri.
- Next, you can say any mixture of words that ensure, such as:
- How much battery life is remaining?
- Show the battery percentage?
- Battery Status?
- Please tell me the accurate charging on my iPhone?
5. View iPhone 12 Battery Settings
You can also try another method; this is the least suggested method as you cannot see the remaining iPhone 12 battery percentage using this method. For this, open the settings > battery, and you will see the % your iPhone was last charged. Despite this, you will see just the highest battery score on your iPhone since it was last charged. For example, if it is 85%, then it does not mean that your battery is left at 85% until you have just plugged off the charger.
6. Using Third-Party Apps
If the above ways do not suit you, then you have to go for any third-party apps that will be available in the Apple store. Most apps will display your iPhone’s current battery percentage in a pp or in a widget. The benefit of using third-party apps to track the usage of battery usage is that they display battery performance in detail. You can easily spot other parameters that may not be present in other options, such as temperature, usage patterns, and battery voltages. Some apps also give tips on enhancing your iPhone’s battery life based on your usage patterns.
Tip to Get Rid of iPhone 12 Battery Drain Issues
Although it is not about showing battery, but it is the most common issue people are facing is battery drain issues. But, with the help of Tenorshare and ReiBoot, you can quickly solve the battery drain problem.
- First, you have to install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your PC and then open the software to start. Then link your iPhone 12/11 to the PC by using a USB cable and click on the “Trust” option on iPhone if the message appears.
- ReiBoot will detect your iPhone directly; now tap on “Repairing Operating System” from the main User interface.
- After that, you will see the “Fix now” option on the screen in a minute, so tap on it.
- Next, tap “Download” to start installing the iOS 14 firmware package.
- Further, after installing the firmware, you can now tap “Repair now” to begin fixing the battery drain problems.
As these are not the days of the old iPhone, but it’s quite simple in modern times to locate the battery percentage indicator on the iPhone 12. For your ease, we have mentioned some ways that will show you the battery percentage on your new iPhone 12. We can use widgets on our home screen to see the battery life of our iPhone. In addition, we have also mentioned the battery drain issues and their solution for the users of the iPhone 12. So go read the article and share your thoughts with us.