Want to know how to sync ps4 controller? Controller supplying you with problems by not syncing up to your PlayStation correctly? Fortunately, DualShock 4 controllers are built-in that type so that players can resync their controllers with extreme ease, because of a small hole on the rear of the controller. If your controller isn’t connecting, this is often the simplest thanks to attempt to fix it, barring the utilization of a USB cable all of the time – nobody wants to lead to their console once they don’t get to be.
Also, check: How to fix corrupted data on PS4
How to Sync a PS4 Controller to a PS4
To sync a controller with the system, especially for the primary time, you will need a USB cable; any USB 2.0 Micro-B cable can connect the DualShock 4 to the console, and although there are only 2 USB ports on the system, you’ll sync up to 4 controllers per player account.
- Before turning on your Play Station 4, insert the small end of your USB cable into the port on top of the controller; plug the other end in front of the console’s USB port.
- Turn on your PS4 by clicking the console’s power button. It should automatically detect your connected controller and assign it to the primarily available player slot.
- Click on the Play Station button within the center of the controller and you’ll see the login screen where you’ll choose a player account or create one.
How to Sync PS4 Controller to PC
Using a wireless adaptor, you cannot synchronize a Play, Station4 wireless controller to a windows PC. However, the PS Remote Play application allows users to play games streamed from their PlayStation 5 or ps4 console to the PC or any other compatible device.
So, follow these steps to synchronize the playstation4 controller to PC windows.
Step1: Install the PS RemotePlayApp
- First of all, open the PS Remote Play website on your device.
- Here download the application.
Step2: Start Remote Play from your PC
- Now switch on your console/controller and connect it to your computer device.
- Then navigate to the PS Remote Play application on your PC.
Step3: Sign In To PSN
- Now you have to click on the sign-in to PSN to use the app.
- Here insert the same account details that you use for the controller.
Step4: Connect the App with PS4 Controller
- After signing in, hover over the settings menu. Here select the PS4 option.
- The application searches for the ps4 console you have logged in to use the account.
- You can now use Remote play when the app connects the screen display on your PC.
How to Sync Additional PS4 Controllers Wirelessly
it is fun to be able to play games with a friend. no fret, PS4 lets four players to play at a time via different controllers. Once you get a minimum of one controller synced together with your system, you’ll add more wirelessly:
- Using the synced controller, find the Settings option in the icon’s row above the PS4 home menu, denoted by an icon that looks like a briefcase.
- Navigate to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices. You ought to see an inventory of devices presently synced together with your console.
- On the PS4 controller, if you would like to sync, hold down the PS button, and therefore the Share button simultaneously for 5 seconds.
- In the list of Bluetooth devices, the new controller will appear, select it with the other controller. It will then be synced with your PS4.
How to Unpair a PS4 Controller
- Make sure the controller you would like to unpair is turned off.
- Using another PS4 controller, activate your console. In the PS4 home menu, reach Settings> Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- You should see an inventory of controllers. Select the one you would like to unpair and choose delete.
How to Charge Your PS4 Controller
The controller’s internal battery will charge while it connects to the PS4. If the controller remains connected while your PS4 is in rest mode, it’ll continue charging, and therefore the light on top will turn yellow. The sunshine also will flash yellow when your controller is running low on power, and you ought to see an on-screen message telling you to plug it in.
When charged, the sunshine bar on the highest of the controller will glow different colors counting on which player the controller is assigned to; player 1 – blue, player 2 – red, player 3 will assign green, and player 4 will assign pink.
tROUBLESHOOTING gUIDE: If the PS4 controller Not Connecting
- Initially, try plugging your DualShock 4 into the PS4 by USB cable.
- Click and hold the PlayStation button in the middle of your controller. This may prompt the controller to resync.
- DualShock is not still connecting to PS4, follow these steps instead.
- Switch off your PS4.
- Connect your DualShock 4 controller to a USB cable that connects to your PS4.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button in the middle of your controller. This may prompt the controller to resync at startup.
If neither of these options works you will need to reset your controller entirely.
- Look at the rear of the controller for a small hole located next to the L2 button.
- Get a pin, paperclip, or another sort of thin poking device to jam in there.
- Push the button on the within for a few seconds then release.
- Sync your DualShock 4 controller with a USB cable that connects to your PS4.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button in the middle of your controller. This may prompt another plan to resync.
- For a couple of times, the controller just fails to sync with the console. It’s worth noting that the PS4 uses a typical Bluetooth connection, so if you employ your controller with multiple devices – like your PC, smartphone, or tablet – you’ll be wanting to form sure it isn’t connected to anything while you’re trying to attach it to your PS4.
Hard Reset Your Controller
If re-pairing the controller doesn’t function, the problem might be with the controller itself and not the PS4. In that case, you have to reset the controller. You will require an unfolded paper clip (or something similarly thin and sturdy) with which to push a concealed button on your ps4 controller to reset it.
- Switch off your ps4 and unplug your internet or router, so your controller wouldn’t get any network signals when you reset it.
- Once that’s done, flip the controller over and look for a tiny hole on the right side. Push the paperclip in the hole and push the option inside for three to five seconds. It’s great to hold it down for a count of 10 to be sure.
Use an Alternative Controller to Reset
If you have another controller that functions, you can reset the system and resync the controller that isn’t functioning.
- Start by charging the controllers for at least 30 minutes.
- Turn off the PS4 entirely.
- Use the working controller to turn on the ps4.
- Then, use the controller to view the menu. Tap on devices and open Bluetooth.
- Remove all saved controllers besides the one showing a green dot.
- Pick the non-connecting controller and concurrently press the PS and share buttons on a long press for a few seconds.
- Then, the second controller will display on your screen. It is now linked to the console.
If you’re a console/gaming lover, you want to be very conscious of the struggle that comes with controllers with wires. You’ve got to take a seat closer to the console, confirm that the cable is unbroken. And not forget the limitation of the number of ports to attach multiple controllers. Say no more, because the Sony PS4 now comes with two simple ways to sync your Controller. Moreover, you can read our other posts to know more about the ps4