If your AirPods Pro is not functioning due to some bug, then you need to update it. But if you don’t know how to do it, then you can go through this guide. However, Apple has not introduced a particular method of firmware updates for its famous Airpods. But when it does launch, you will get the latest features. However, the original AirPods came up with sweat and water resistance features, active noise cancellation, a modified fit, and advanced device controls recently.
Moreover, keep your AirPods firmware up to date, whether they belong to the recent third-generation wireless earbuds, AirPods Pro, or the AirPods Max. The most important point to note is that you can’t miss any cool new features with the latest firmware. For example, Spatial Audio was accessible first on the AirPods Max.
However, several Airpods Pro vendors did not receive the notification that updating firmware added the sound feature to their earbuds without purchasing a new pair of Max’s. So, it is better to update your AirPods rather than buy a new one. Hence, move to the next section to see the details guide regarding the updates to AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.
Suggested: You can also go through the article on how to make AirPods louder.
How Software Updates for AirPods Pro Work
Recently, Apple has launched its AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and second-generation AirPods with new firmware version 4A400. When updating is complete, the AirPods will include more features like Conversation Boost, which is planned to assist you with gentle hearing challenges.
Thus, it amplifies the person’s volume while talking in front of you, with the further option to lower the ambient noise, which is ideal for busy streets or restaurants.
But the complexity is that if you don’t know about AirPods Pro’s requisite software updates, then you are not alone who are not aware. The reason for this is that Apple designs your AirPods or AirPods Pro firmware updates according to your entire background as you utilize them.
However, you don’t get an alert about firmware update availability or when it is finished. Ensure that you have the latest AirPods Pro firmware. Hence, move to the subsequent section to check the AirPods version on your phone.
Steps to Update Your AirPods or AirPods Pro
Apple does not provide a specific technique for updating AirPods or AirPods Pro. Because generally, firmware updates automatically. But as an alternative, the company states that the latest firmware versions will download when the AirPods are linked through Bluetooth to your phone.
However, some still need an update if unpaired with an iOS device. So, let’s see the below steps:
- Primarily, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, move to the Bluetooth
- Search for your AirPods in the devices list.
- Click on the “i” beside them.
- Now, search for the number of firmware versions. If it seems like 4C165, it means it is up to date.
Note: It is essential to connect your AirPods charging case to a power source through a Lightning USB cable. As an alternative, you can also use a wireless charging case. You just need to place it on a Qi-compatible wireless charging mat.
Additionally, ensure that the iOS device connects to an internet connection. Furthermore, the iPhone or iPad has to be paired with a charging case.
After a short time, you can access any software updates that have been installed. Still, if you are facing any trouble while updating your Airpods, then confirm that your charging case is completely charged. Furthermore, you can also reset the Airpods if the updating technique is not working.
Isn’t it cool to Update the Firmware on AirPods Max in 2 Steps?
Correspondingly to AirPods and AirPods Pro, there is no way to force an update on AirPods Max; it happens automatically. Thus, try to start the update manually with the below steps:
- Firstly, make sure there is a link between your AirPods and your iPhone or iPad. Then, insert AirPods Max into their Smart Case and connect them to a power source. Now, wait for several minutes before getting them out of the charger. Thus, you don’t need to disrupt the updating process.
- In the end, verify that the update was successful.
Quickly Apply Instructions to Check your AirPod’s Firmware Version.
It seems tricky to know whether your AirPods or AirPods Pro are up to date because updates are not always observable. Though, you can check it out by searching for the ear bud’s version number. Hence, to verify the installed firmware version, follow the given steps:
- First, ensure that your iPhone has the most recent version of iOS 15 to check whether the AirPods or AirPods Pro is accessing the latest firmware.
- After that, navigate to Settings on your device. Then, click on the General tab and, after that About You have to scroll down to check AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max in the list.
- If your Airpods are not on the list, make sure they are nearby and open the charging case.
4. Now, verify the numbers next to the Firmware Version.
5. Now, click them; if your firmware version demonstrates 4C165. It means you have the most recent version for AirPods 2, AirPods 3, AirPods Max, and AirPods Pro.
Note: However, your iPhone has to be up to date. If there is no connection between your headphones and your phone currently, then you cannot do an update. Even if you don’t view this setting, especially if you have AirPods Pro.
Wrapping my words with these words that there is no specific button for updating Airpods to fix an annoying bug. Thus, Apple releases firmware updates for its AirPods and wireless earbuds that contain performance improvements, tweaks, features, and bug fixes.
However, you can do the updating of AirPods or AirPods Pro along with the checking method of the firmware version with the above techniques. So, hopefully, the provided knowledge is very helpful for you, and it would be nice to see your views on the article by commenting.