How to Fix Netflix Error Code NW 2-5| Complete Solution
The Netflix error code NW-2-5 shows a network connectivity problem, which indicates that your device is unable to reach the Netflix service. It is a relatively frequent and difficult Netflix concern to identify and fix. It means that your device is not connected to the proper internet connection, or there is something blocking the device from connecting to Netflix.
This failure can be generated by a problem with your device, your internet connection, or your home network. Error code NW-2-5 can appear on most of the gadgets that have a Netflix application such as streaming gadgets like Roku, Blu-Ray Players, game consoles, and smart TVs.
Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 Solutions
Check your Internet connection
To assure that your Internet connection is fine, try to running a network connection test. We recommend using Fast Speed Test by Netflix as it verify your connection to its private servers.
To assure that you are checking the right connection on your PC, verify the Network settings on TV first. See whether you are connected to Wi-Fi or Ethernet, and the name of the Wi-Fi.
If the test fails, it means an issue is with your Internet. The simplest way to solve, is to get in touch with the provider of your internet connection and ask for help. If that is not the case – the Internet connection is, and you face no difficulties opening other streaming services and apps, proceed reading following.
Bypass the Router
If you are using a wireless router that is linked to the modem, you should attempt to connect directly to the modem. For that, you will require an Ethernet cable. This will correct you to join Netflix, then the issue is clear. To get that, do the following steps:
- Switch OFF the device that you are using.
- Plug the computer straight into the modem through Ethernet cable.
- Unplug modem for at least 25 seconds and plug it back.
- Switch ON the device and start Netflix again.
In situation you identify the router as the root of the failure code Netflix Error NW-2-5, then you have 2 alternatives either bypass the router to re-configure router’s and DNS settings.
Fix Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 on Smart TV
- Verify if the Netflix streaming service has been prevented by the network controller in your region. If not, proceed to the next step to troubleshoot the problem.
- If you are using Netflix streaming over a cellular network, then the network might be unstable. Think of using a DSL or wired internet to solve the issue.
- Check the internet connection you are using to watch content on Netflix. Poor internet speed is one of the main reasons of the NW 2-5 error.
- Power OFF the smart TV, and modem & router. Wait for at least 60 seconds before powering these things ON. Though this seems like a common fix for network problems, it resolve the NW 2-5 error code in most cases.
- If you utilize a wireless router for streaming on the network, verify that the router is not the reason of this issue. Disengage the router and link the Smart TV straight to the modem and then see whether the Netflix Error Code NW 2-5 is fixed. If it is fixed, you will have to change the settings or service router.
Fix Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 PlayStation
If you facing Netflix nw-2-5 error on PlayStation (PS) 3/4, you should remove the device from the socket and leave it OFF for at least 2 minutes. When waiting, you could hold the Power button for at least 25 seconds to power OFF the machine.
If you need to see other commons problems with PlayStation, you can read this: Frequently Encountered PS4 Problems and Corresponding solutions, if that does not correct, you require to check that the DNS settings are accurate. Here are steps.
- Navigate to the Main menu of the PlayStation 3/4 and select Settings.
- Then, navigate to Network Settings -> Internet Connection Settings and click the OK button.
- Select Custom and choose your connecting method: wireless or wired.
Steps for Wired Connections
- Select Auto-Detect for Operation mode.
- Choose Automatic to change the IP address setting.
- Select Automatic for the DNS settings.
- Select Do not set for DHCP host name.
- Set MTU to Automatic.
- Select Do not use for Proxy server.
- Finally, enable UPnP and press Test the Connection.
Fix Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 on Xbox One/360
Check your Xbox 360 DNS settings
- First of all, use the Guide button on the controller.
- Next, navigate to Settings -> System Settings -> Network Settings.
- Choose your network and then continue to Configure Network.
- At this spot, refer to DNS Settings and choose the Automatic option.
- Reboot your Xbox and try to open the Netflix app once again.
Set up Xbox One DNS parameters
- To begin with, take your Xbox One control and press the Menu button on it. Here, continue to Settings -> All Settings (another way: Network -> Network Settings -> Advanced Settings -> DNS Settings -> Automatic).
- Press B button to Save and try to restart Netflix app.
In this guide, we have listed some fixes for Netflix users who access the app through PlayStation, Smart TV, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. If you face Netflix error code NW-2-5, attempt the possible solutions.