Risk of Rain 2: How to Unlock Characters
Are you exploring to know all about Risk of rain 2: how to unlock characters? After four expansions, the record of unlockable characters in Hopoo Games’ roguelike Risk of Rain 2 has increased considerably, presently calculating nine Survivors with one more planned to release alongside the upcoming 1.0 Launch Update.
Each Survivor comes with its individual toolkit and can be unlocked in a kind of ways, some more straightforward than others. This can make it challenging to figure out how to unlock characters in RoR2.
Here, we’ll be describing the methods for unlocking each playable character in the game as well as offering tips to speed up the process.
Risk of Rain 2: How to Unlock Characters
How to Unlock the Captain
Challenge to unlock: Reach the Moon, defeat Mithrix, and then leave!
The Captain is the last Survivor to open and can be earned after you finish a run in Risk of Rain 2. Mithrix is a multi-stage boss encounter with a giant hammer and multiple attacks.
- Playing on Drizzle difficulty will make this more comfortable if you are struggling to get defeat the boss.
About: The Captain has a shotgun that stuns and has a movable spread.
How to Unlock Huntress
Challenge to unlock: Warrior: Reach and finish the 3rd Teleporter event without dying.
The Huntress is the most comfortable Survivor to unlock and can be earned in your first run in Risk of Rain 2. Only by completing the Teleporter event on the 3rd Stage (Rally point Delta or Scorched Acres), the challenge will be completed.
- Playing on Drizzle difficulty will make this more comfortable if you are struggling to get to the end of the 3rd stage.
About: Huntress has the unique passive to attack while sprinting and has a compelling blink ability, making her an excellent choice for players that like a highly mobile playstyle.
How to Unlock MUL-T
Challenge to unlock: Verified: Complete the first Teleporter event five times.
After you complete clearing the first stage 5 times in 5 separate runs, you will complete the challenge. Unlocking this character is very easy.
About: MUL-T is a multi-functional survivor who can be made in a few different forms depending on which equipment and abilities you have selected. His unique passive lets him carry two equipment at once, depending on which primary skill is active. Be sure to pair your equipment with the best immediate attack for it!
How to Unlock Engineer
Challenge to unlock: Engineering Perfection: Complete 30 stages. They may be finished over any amount of runs.
Simple enough, right? This challenge is worth knowing about but will most likely be performed passively while attempting the rest.
About: The Engineer’s playstyle is centered nearby placing his powerful turrets, which obtain all his item buffs, to do damage for him.
How to Unlock Loader
Challenge to unlock: Guidance Offline: Beat the Alloy Worship Unit Boss at Siren’s Call.
To try this challenge, you initial require to play a run and get to Siren’s call, one of the stage 4 options. Once you get to this stage, if you see around, you’ll see bird’s nests with eggs in them. Destroy 5 of these nests nearby the map to summon the Alloy Worship Unit Boss.
The boss is relatively easy and should be much more challenging than the teleporter bosses. Killing it for the first time will finish the challenge. Every time (including your first) you beat the boss by this method, he will drop a legendary item for every player.
- You aren’t insured by default to get Siren’s Call on the 4th stage, but if you keep playing you will eventually get it.
- You can (almost) guarantee to get Siren’s Call if you activate a Newt Altar on stage 3 and Dream for Siren’s Call in the Bazaar for 4 Lunar Coins.
About: The Loader is a too high mobility character (way more than Huntress), who excels in the early game due to her strong abilities and low reliance on items for mobility and damage.
How to Unlock REX
Challenge to unlock: Power Plant: Get the Fuel Array from the back of the Escape pod. Please take it to Rex in the Abyssal Depths. Be careful when holding the Fuel Array because falling under 50% health will cause you to die. Since the Fuel Array goes in your machine slot, it means you can’t pick up any other equipment while doing this challenge.
Abyssal Depths is one of two-stage four options and is easily identified by is the dark red theme. It is possible to get Siren’s Call as your Fourth Stage, which means you need to either try again in a fresh run or play another four stages (8th) to try and get Abyssal Depths. You can see REX on one of the upper platforms in the centre of the map and can be immediately reached on any survivor by taking the air jet (jump pads) in the stage.
- Because of the critical nature of holding the Fuel Array, I’d suggest getting this done on Drizzle difficulty unless you want a real challenge.
- If you get a piece of equipment on a stage before Abyssal Depths, you can swap out to it which you clear the stage, so you don’t risk hanging when going below 50%. Just remember to choose the Fuel Array back up before continuing.
- You can (almost) guarantee to get Abyssal Depths if you activate a Newt Altar on stage 3 and Dream for Abyssal Depths in the Bazaar for 4 Lunar Coins
- If you get Siren’s Call for your fourth stage, reflect dropping the Fuel array since holding it for another for stages will be challenging to do without dying.