The Snapchat story features allow you to communicate and update your friends about your daily life. But sometimes, you want to be conservative about your content and don’t want to share it with everyone. Therefore, Snapchat gives an option to the users where they can make or communicate through a private story for selected people, and you can keep the post secret because of your conservative mood or mind.
On the other hand, sharing one of each post is another way to communicate, but in this way, you can communicate with the world and share all your destinations in the form of pictures, videos, posts, or stories. In this article, we will guide you on how to create and make changes to your personal story on your android and iPhone devices and some tips to keep in mind while editing your story. So follow the guide to learn about it.
What is Snapchat’s Personal Story?
When you share a story on Snapchat, they disappear in 24 hours. You can share your story in a private mode. It means you can post a story and select the specific person who watches your content. So, your non-selected friends will not see your story, and they even don’t know that you have posted a story on Snapchat. You can make a personal story from the camera roll, snap, memories, and from my account.
(Stories you shared with your friends on my story or in private will disappear within 24 hours)
How to Create a Private Story on Snapchat – (Android & iOS)
If you want to make a personal story on Snapchat, you just need to have funny, secure content that is visible to the people you want. Moreover, you can also create secret stories for different reasons, like emotional stories for your family members and funny & personal stories for your friends. Follow the guide below to understand how to create a personal story using Android and iPhone.
Creation of Android Snapchat Story
- Open your Snapchat account.
- Tap on the profile icon on the top of the screen.
- Now click on the +private story
- In that section, you can see the different options to make to story private.
- Select the create story option.
- Now create your personal story: Make a snap or video. Here you can add filters to your stories, and you can also add Gifs and add tags to your custom stories.
- Choose friends for your private story: When you create the snap, select the friends with whom you want to share or view your private
- You can rename your personal story.
- Now tap on the send button after you have chosen friends and named it. That’s it.
Creation of iPhone Snapchat Story
Making a private story on Snapchat from an Apple device is slightly different from an android phone.
- Log in to your Snapchat account if you are still not.
- Tap on the profile or avatar icon. You can see it at the top of the screen.
- Now click on +new stories from your profile page.
- Here is a menu you will see. Tap on the new private story.
- Then click on create story option.
- Here you can rename your personal story.
- Now make a snap or video whatever you want. Here you can add filters to your stories, and you can also add Gifs and add tags to your personal stories.
- After you are satisfied with your snap and how it looks then, tap on send. That’s it.
NOTE: When you tap the send button, ensure that there is no undo option on both devices in Snapchat. However, if you thought you made a mistake, so edited your story if you want.
How to Make Changes in a Personal Story on Snapchat?
YES – You can make changes to a story, but after you post a private story on Snapchat. For example, you can rename and see the number of viewers, save it to memories, and add it to your story. Follow these steps to make any changes to your personal story.
- Open the Snapchat on your device and login if you are not.
- Tap on the profile icon. You can see add to my story option. Now select this option.
- Tap on add to the story. Here you can make changes to your story.
Some Essential Tips to edit your Personal story on Snap-chat
Are you going to make changes to your private stories on Snapchat? It would be best for you to remember some tips and tricks that we share with you to change your personal or confidential story. Do follow the guide.
- When you click on add to story option, remember that the story you posted in personal will no longer be in your personal story.
- Select the delete story option if you want to delete your personal story.
- If you want to change, who can view your personal story? Then, go to the story settings here; you can change your preference.
- To save your story, tap on the save to memories.
- The purplelock will appear on the private story you shared with your friends.
Funky Snapchat Private Story Names of the Adventurous People
Here are the following funky type names of private Snapchat stories of the users who are using Snapchat for more fun by using its filters and advanced features. Therefore, I mostly keep this name in my story, and it seems funny.
- Dear diary
- Real people
- Why are we here?
- Behind the scenes
- How to get away with…
- Backstage room
- VIP room
- Where are my therapists?
- Snap attack
- Therapy sessions
- Don’t tell anyone
- Our secret
- What’s your flavor?
- Drama club
The Difference between “Private Stories” and “My Stories” on Snapchat
When you take a snap or record a video, then you will definitely post it on your profile. And the content you post on a story can be viewed by all your friends, and this feature of Snapchat is called my stories. But unfortunately, you cannot select the viewers who can watch my stories.
On the other hand, when you create a snap (photo or video) and post your content with your selected friends. Snapchat allows its user to make a personal or private story that the people can view that they have chosen. The Snapchat server feature called it private or personal stories.
Just like my stories, private stories are lastly viewed for 24 hours whenever they want, and they will disappear after 24 hours. However, personal and my stories on Snapchat can be seen on different tabs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the custom stories?
Ans: Custom stories on Snapchat allow you to make a snap that your selected people or group can view. But unfortunately, this feature of Snapchat is only applicable to iPhone devices.
- Do other people know that I have created a private story on Snapchat?
Ans: The Snapchat app does not allow other users to see your private or personal stories. Your selected friends can only view the stories you posted privately.
No More Interruptions
Snapchat is one of the most fantastic platforms that is used worldwide. This server has many exciting and unique features, including a private story. This feature is handy for those users who don’t want to share their stories with everyone. So here in this article, we shared all the detailed instructions, some tricks, and tips on how you can create and make changes in a private or personal story on Snapchat. So
Tell us in the comment section that is this guide is helpful for you?