Have you ever felt Annoyed when you unintentionally bought something from the Xbox store or purchased a game that did not meet your expectations? If yes, then no worries, Xbox provides its users with its own refund policy system through which you can easily refund a thing labeled as “Refundable.” If it is according to their policy. Moreover, if you face major issues with a game on your Xbox series console, so you must be aware of the Xbox refund policy. If you buy a product from a Microsoft store so you can make a request to Xbox for a refund.
But keep in mind that the repay does not make for games in Xbox Game Pass. But if you are running into issues in a game, you have purchased via the Xbox Store. You are entitled to a full refund. So continue reading to discover how to ask for a refund on your Xbox console. So let’s move to the next section to know the method of refund or cancellation.
Find out How to Appeal a Refund on Xbox
The Xbox support page states that most of your purchases are not eligible for a refund after 14 days. But there are some exceptions. There are some essential terms and conditions worth noting. The other significant thing to know is that submitting a demand to X-box for a refund does not guarantee a refund. But here, we will give you the right directions to get the refund.
- Open the “Request an Xbox Refund” page at Xbox Support.
- Check that you are logged in.
- Then, a list will display, so you have to roll it down until you find the item you want to refund.
- After that, mark the box of the item you wish to refund, go back to the top of the page, & hit the “Request a Refund.”
- Next, the box will display & you will be asked for a reason for the Request, other details & your email address. Then, tap next & then submit the Request.
- After that, you have to wait for a time for a response. You can tap the “Refund Status” next to “Request Availability” to check how the procedure is going on.
1. Returning A Physical Product Acquired Through Xbox
Whether you are aware or not, you can also buy physical items through the Xbox, even a console or anything. But, if they do not work or arrive smashed, you have to again walk through the refund process if you encounter any issues. So let’s move to the steps that you need to take to make a request to Xbox for a refund.
- Launch your order history on your Microsoft account.
- Next, choose the option of “Request a Repay.” Moreover, As per the Xbox Support page, if you do not see any option like “Ask for a return,” then it means that your item is not qualified for a return.
- After that, chase the instructions on the screen to get a prepaid shipping tag for the return.
- When the Xbox has acknowledged your purchase, you will either get a replacement or a refund.
2. Request Refund to Microsoft Store for Digital Things
Here are the steps that help you request Microsoft store for digital products such as games or applications.
- Open the refund page of the Microsoft store. Then choose the Checkbox next to the game or app you wish to refund.
- Next, choose the Request or refund
- After that, select a reason for your refund in the window that appears.
- Then, tap on Next. Check your Request & choose the submit option.
If Microsoft accepts your Xbox refund request, you will be issued a refund after a few days. But, keep in mind that Microsoft only accepts the issues refunds that meet certain criteria.
- The Request must be made within 14 days of the date you buy the game or any app.
- Request the games or apps you have not even tried or used for a major period.
If you did not meet the above criteria, a warning would pop up next to your refund demand that points out that the refund request is conditional & that it may not be established.
3. Request to Refund A Subscription
When you accidentally pick up the Xbox Game Pass subscription or have an EA Play membership that you no longer need, You can also demand a refund of the Subscription along with the media purchases and games. So let’s explore the steps.
- Open the Services & Subscriptions page of your account.
- Then, choose to Manage next to the Subscription you wish to cancel.
- Next, in the Payment settings section, chase the steps to end your Subscription.
- After that, you have to select between Don’t Charge me on (next renewal date) & Cancel immediately & get a refund.
- Moreover, if you are not eligible for an Xbox refund request, you will be prompted to toggle off the recurring billing, and you will not see a refund option.
How to Call Off a Pre Order
We all know that before even launching a game, we can pre-order it. But unfortunately, some game reviews are not good, or the whole game is plagued with bugs, making you wish to cancel your order. ThankGod Xbox gives you an option to end your pre-order. Here are some steps that might help you cancel the pre-order. Make sure that you do not have to buy something you do not need.
- Open the Order History on your account.
- Then, locate your pre-ordered things.
- Next, choose the “cancel item.” For this, you do not have to submit a refund demand & if you have charged, then those funds should directly be refunded to you.
How Much Time Does Microsoft Take to Refund Money?
You will get a confirmation email when you have made your Xbox repay Request. A support team member will get back to you within 72 hours after confirming whether your purchased items are eligible for a refund based on the submitted form and documents. If you do not see an email from them, you are warned to ensure your email is spam or in a junk inbox.
Furthermore, you can easily check the Xbox refund request and discover the information in your account order history. In addition, if you wish to complain after your demand is denied, you are suggested to reply to the verification email or the last email you get about the refund.
However, Xbox has a strict policy for refunds, and you will always get a confirmation email after making a request. After that, Microsoft customer support reviews your case and will respond within 72 hours to whether you can refund your product. Moreover, refunds do not become eligible for all products. The Xbox repay policy is only eligible for “digital gaming content.” So in this blog, we have mentioned all the ways to request a repayment are quite simple. In any case, if you face any program regarding the refund, then feel free to comment below.